NAD Bugera 1960 Infinium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Bugera 1960 Infinium

So I decided to try a Bugera 1960 Infinium which I ordered with my Epiphone. It will go with a custom 1936 cabinet I had made, I had it made vertical and one other change. I will load it Celestion G12H-75 16 ohm speakers in parallel.

I will get some pictures of that when I find out what your it is going in and speakers are in it.

Re: NAD Bugera 1960 Infinium

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
      Enjoy.
      Thank you. I hear they can get nice and loud which I will have to put through the test

Comment

Poor build quality on bugera products.

As long as you dont have high expectations i think you'll do okay.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
          Poor build quality on bugera products.

As long as you dont have high expectations i think you'll do okay.
          I have heard that but you can look at any product be it Marshall, Gibson etc and see the failures also.

By chance have you ever owned one of these amps or are going on internet talk? Just wondering.

Comment

The boards are thin and the components are probably about as inexpensive as they can source. Plenty of surface mount components. But the build quality itself isn't really poor. It's standard Chinese fare. They are pretty much throw aways if they die after the warranty is up. But they dont cost much and I think you still get 3 years if you register the warranty. They are modular in that different boards are connected with ribbon cables. Which isnt unusual with Chinese amps. One component goes bad on a board, they probably replace the whole board when it's under warranty.

That aside, some of them sound good. That 1960 is one of them. I had a Bugera V22HD (head). The clean channel was great. Never had a lick of problems with it. I sold it. I have a Trirec Infinium that I bought from a neighbor kid for 300 bucks. It's a take on a Mesa but not really a clone (I own a Mesa Dual Rec.). The volume pot on the clean of the Trirec is scratchy when it's been sitting unused for a while but other than that, it hasn't had any problems either. I wouldn't have taken a chance on it at $700 but for the $300 I paid, no regrets. I'm more of a Marshall guy but it sounds good. I still plug into it every so often.

For $359 that 1960 isn't a whole lot of risk. Not too long ago there appeared to be a cult forming over those 1960's with people swapping transformers and probably doing other mods. I don't know if that's still a thing but they sound pretty good just as they are. Personally, I wouldn't put any money into modding one. I'd just enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

That's the super loud one, or so I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Exojam View Post
                I have heard that but you can look at any product be it Marshall, Gibson etc and see the failures also.

By chance have you ever owned one of these amps or are going on internet talk? Just wondering.
                Not true, not "all products" are poor build quality.

If you're asking me if i would own a Bugera my response would be "you've got to be joking".
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-18-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                  The boards are thin and the components are probably about as inexpensive as they can source. Plenty of surface mount components. But the build quality itself isn't really poor. It's standard Chinese fare. They are pretty much throw aways if they die after the warranty is up. But they dont cost much and I think you still get 3 years if you register the warranty. They are modular in that different boards are connected with ribbon cables. Which isnt unusual with Chinese amps. One component goes bad on a board, they probably replace the whole board when it's under warranty.

That aside, some of them sound good. That 1960 is one of them. I had a Bugera V22HD (head). The clean channel was great. Never had a lick of problems with it. I sold it. I have a Trirec Infinium that I bought from a neighbor kid for 300 bucks. It's a take on a Mesa but not really a clone (I own a Mesa Dual Rec.). The volume pot on the clean of the Trirec is scratchy when it's been sitting unused for a while but other than that, it hasn't had any problems either. I wouldn't have taken a chance on it at $700 but for the $300 I paid, no regrets. I'm more of a Marshall guy but it sounds good. I still plug into it every so often.

For $359 that 1960 isn't a whole lot of risk. Not too long ago there appeared to be a cult forming over those 1960's with people swapping transformers and probably doing other mods. I don't know if that's still a thing but they sound pretty good just as they are. Personally, I wouldn't put any money into modding one. I'd just enjoy it for what it is.
                  No mods on this while under warranty. As for the cables and such I have a Blackstar HT 100 torn down right now and it is the same with sub boards and ribbon cables.

Just picked it up to have fun with and see how she goes.

Comment

I was looking at some of the 5 and 20.watt Bugera amps.a few weeks ago

Good score
                    Let.us know what your experience is
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Sometimes, no reply is the best reply ...

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                        Not true, not "all products" are poor build quality.

If you're asking me if i would own a Bugera my response would be "you've got to be joking".

Well maybe “all” was to encompassing but I think you would have understood.

With your screen name I assume you are a Marshall guy, correct? Just go over to the Marshall forum if you do not already and honestly tell me there are not a whole lot of problems with their latest models such as the DSL40C (which I own) DSL40 CR, etc.

You still answered me though if you ever owned one or are you basing your opinion on internet talk. So which is it?

Not trying to start a flame war but when someone posts their opinion on something I like to know what they are basing it off.

Comment

No mods on this while under warranty. As for the cables and such I have a Blackstar HT 100 torn down right now and it is the same with sub boards and ribbon cables.

Just picked it up to have fun with and see how she goes.
                          You'll probably dig it.

I have an older Peavey ValveKing combo. I've been in it to install external bias pot and test ports. It's the same. Ribbon cables and thin boards. Never did try and fix the hum those things were known for. At least neither of the two Bugera's I have/had were hummers. Both pretty low noise floors.
                          Last edited by Darg1911; 08-18-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Well maybe “all” was to encompassing but I think you would have understood.

With your screen name I assume you are a Marshall guy, correct? Just go over to the Marshall forum if you do not already and honestly tell me there are not a whole lot of problems with their latest models such as the DSL40C (which I own) DSL40 CR, etc.

You still answered me though if you ever owned one or are you basing your opinion on internet talk. So which is it?

Not trying to start a flame war but when someone posts their opinion on something I like to know what they are basing it off.
                            I suppose in the grand scheme of things a Bugera would have been better than my first amp in 1972', but in 2018 we got lots good choices for music gear.

On a serious note Molex connections on Bugeras have been known to cause fires and not kidding about that.

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-18-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Seen it and other bad reviews which on the world wide interwebs is “usually” what you.

Still have not answered my question so at this point I will say you have never owned on and base your opinion on the opinion of others. Sound fair?

Comment

Working...
                              X