Multi-size Speaker Combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-size Speaker Combos

I recently opened a thread on cabs with three speakers, and this popped up in my YouTube subscriptiond:

I've tried it a few times on some nicer custom cabs, so I can't say if it was the inherent qualities of the concept that I liked, or if it was just the quality of the build and a good combination of speakers and wood.

Anyone else tried this? I think it's a small wonder this idea isn't more common.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Multi-size Speaker Combos

This is great. I’ve been wanting to use a 12”&8” forever.

I was thinking of trying 8 for wet, 12 dry.

Comment

i have an amp that scott build for me that i built a 1x10/1x12 cab for. it sounds great and you can use either or both so very tunable to the room/situation

Comment

I've used multiple size combos together before with an a/b/y box. Not quite the same because it was multiple amps as well as different size speakers, but wow it's great mixing.

Comment

Back in the '60s, Gibson had some amps that used some different speakers, but I think these were head/cab versions.

Using different cabs, like a 118 and a 410 is common for bassists, but much less so for guitarists. Though there are guys that use A/B rigs.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
            Back in the '60s, Gibson had some amps that used some different speakers, but I think these were head/cab versions.

Using different cabs, like a 118 and a 410 is common for bassists, but much less so for guitarists. Though there are guys that use A/B rigs.

Bill
            I remember in the 90s they reissued those, they had a cab with 2×10s an 2×12s and they had a combo with 1×10 and 1×12. Around the early 2000s Randall made a cab with 2×12s and 1×15, but I've never seen one in person, let alone played through one.
            sigpic
            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
            X