Blackstar ht60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar ht60

Does anyone on here have a blackstar ht60, and if you do what are your thoughts on it? I've found one for $450. I don't know if that's a good price or not. Thanks

Re: Blackstar ht60

I've played through an HT5 before. Valve head with 5w of output. Lacking in gain... otherwise a good sounding amp for cleans and classic crunch sounds. Not sure if the HT60 follows that trend just with more headroom or sports a more gain-ful preamp section.

Comment

Blackstar ht60

I have an HT-20 head. I like it a lot. Great practice amp and is still capable of getting over a drummer. I’ve gigged with it a few times.
      As far as the gain, I think it depends on what your needs are. I’ve never played the HT-5 as stated above but my HT-20 has got plenty of gain for modern rock sounds. You could always goose it if needed.
      Pretty good cleans too. I’d imagine the 60w version would have more headroom than mine but I haven’t had a problem with that.

Comment

Never owned one, but played them a number of times at SamAsh- Seemed like a good balance of clean and crunch, but hard for me to say more without a gig-

On the other hand, have recently posted my love for it's little cousin - the HT dual preamp is turning into a workhorse in front of my bigger amps, so I am impressed with Bstar in general and can't get over the cost/value ratio.
        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Firstly, I'm no newb..I've been playing for 28 years, have owned many amps, and am an ANAL human being, when it comes to tone.
          I purchased the HT-60 2x12 combo on a whim, after owning Marshall JCM800 2205's, DSL's, TSL's, Boogie Stiletto, Soldano Hot Rod, Peavey 5150, 6505+, XXX (twice), JSX, (twice), Laney GH50L, (twice), GH100L, Laney TT50, Splawn Quick Rod, Line6, and probably forgot about more, than I've listed. I can honestly say, the HT-60 has made me happier than I could have imagined, and after some tweaks, is truly a great little amp..this my own experience , some will tell nay!!!!

Lara .S

Last edited by sdnfan; 09-04-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X