Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kemper Profiler

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
    Don't they have some "negative IRs" or something to eliminate the flavor injection from whatever you're using if you wanna model a different cab?
    Not sure. Some people still use IRs with guitar cabs, but that sound was not pleasing to me personally.

Comment

Didn't care for the Kemper that sat in my man cave for several weeks at all. My Line 6 Helix LT has lasted the longest of any non-tube gear (18 months). It's not the same as a great tube amp, but I can tolerate it when I plug in. Still... there are glowing tubes 95% of the time that I'm playing. NOTHING gives you the amp-in-the-room feel like an amp in the room.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I cant really add anything to the conversation, but Ive been curious about the Kempers myself. Supposedly, unlike modeling amps, they scan the waves and responses of tube amps so the response is more similar. I have a feeling, it will take a few updates to get them exact, but I do know some guys are using them live and many use em in the studio. So Im guessing its a decent product, but probably not free of bugs yet.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Kempers model very specific amps, and they do it well. If the amp has many channels or modes, it has to model every single one, though.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X