Mesa Boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie

Has anyone ever played through a Mesa Boogie rectoverb series 1 50 watt combo. There's one for sale for $800 in my neck of the woods. Wondering what some of the main tonal characteristics are.

Re: Mesa Boogie

Originally posted by serius View Post
    Has anyone ever played through a Mesa Boogie rectoverb series 1 50 watt combo. There's one for sale for $800 in my neck of the woods. Wondering what some of the main tonal characteristics are.
    I've owned two of the series 2 over the years and love them! I only ever sell them off to try something else. I think you can get one cheaper though for a series 1.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

The Rectoverb sound, like the 50W Solo, is very similar to the classic Recto sound. But because the 50W amps don't use tube rectification like the Dual and Triple, they are tighter in the low end. Some people like this, some don't. As for the price, a quick search showed that that's about the average price for one, about $7-800, and if you can pick it up then saving on the shipping would put it close to a $700 amp with shipping, maybe even less.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

The dual and triple have the option to run on diode rectification, and 99% of users do exactly that. The tube rectifier option was largely a gimmick, not something that people actually use.

Comment

+1 to what's been said here.

I'm not sure where your neck of the woods is, but in the US $800 is a bit high for a Series 1 Rectoverb.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I have a series 1 single and I've found them to have more bite in the top end than similar era duals and much more than my Road King. I think some of that can be EQ'd in or out, but there is a bit of inherent difference.

Comment

Working...
            X