banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstar Artisan 30 - Anyone have any experience? Looking for a refined Plexi tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar Artisan 30 - Anyone have any experience? Looking for a refined Plexi tone

Hello all!

My recent acquisition of a Splawn Quick Rod has got me jonesing for more Marshall-y style amp goodness, but less gain. I used to play with a 1986 Marshall Bass head with a Tube Driver doing most of the heavy lifting for higher gain tones. I’d like to get a new amp that I can use the same way, with a vintage Plexi sound but more refined if that makes sense. I’ve got it narrowed down to a handful, but the one I’m having the most trouble finding info on is the Blackstar Artisan 30. Some people say it’s voiced like a higher wattage 1974x, which would be awesome, but some people are saying it’s more of a Vox amp with it’s EL84’s and class A operation (I know the Vox isn’t Class A but it’s a common misconception). I’d like to hear if anyone out there has actually gotten there hands on one.
    Also, if anyone has tried any of these others, I’d love to hear their impressions.

-Brunetti Pleximan
    -Victory Sheriff 44

As far as replicas go, I know there are many great ones but I’m looking for something with more modern usability. Thanks!
    "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Re: Blackstar Artisan 30 - Anyone have any experience? Looking for a refined Plexi t

If a modern plexi is what you want, take a look at what Ceriatone is doing.

Guitar Amps USA is the number one US reseller of Ceriatone amplifiers and professional overdrive pedals, providing custom, hand-built, point-to-point hand-wired amps from Ceriatone Amplification exclusively.

Comment

Re: Blackstar Artisan 30 - Anyone have any experience? Looking for a refined Plexi t

Thanks gtrjunior. Any specific model I should check out? Looking for 30-50 watts and no more gain than say hot rodded Plexi tones.
      "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." Sri Chimroy, 1948

Comment

I ask because there’s about 7 models in their hot rodded plexi section. Thanks!

Comment

Blackstar Artisan 30 - Anyone have any experience? Looking for a refined Plexi tone

I’ve always liked the King Kong. Mainly because it’s a 2 channel amp. Iirc, the Yeti and chupacabra are both single channel.

Also, in the menu below the hot rod plexi, there is the regular British aeries tributes to the classic Marshall lineup. You can get a ppimv installed also which is a great option in these amps.

I always like to check out YouTube vids and see what I do/don’t like about it too. You can essentially “audition” lots of amps that way.

Comment

Pick up a used Germino. Doesn't get any better than that for plexi tones. My Club 40 is the best vintage Marshall type amp I've ever had bar none. I had a n Aiken Intruder, Ceriatone 18/36, Ceriatone JTM, among others. The Aiken was about as good as the Germino though. I would like to have that one back. I was more into modern gain in those days.
            Last edited by Red_Label; 11-20-2018, 04:29 PM.
            "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
            X