Boogie Mark I Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogie Mark I Reissue?

How flippable is this thing? Is there much demand for them?

Found a local seller with a priced-to-sell stack... and yup, the part I want is the CAB
    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Re: Boogie Mark I Reissue?

Isn't this the "Santana"? Should be a breeze to flip if you can price it under 60% of true cash new price (after discounts).

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Isn't this the "Santana"? Should be a breeze to flip if you can price it under 60% of true cash new price (after discounts).
      Yeah, the vintagey hotrodded Fender design thing that started it all I guess?

But the reissues are out of print now too, so who knows what it's worth pricing seems all over the place... also not sure if the target audience knows about it in this day and age?

Guess I'm not quite sure if it's hotrodded enough to draw anybody who likes the Mesa name in this day and age, or whether the Fender amps crowd knows about it / respects the nameplate?

....how hot DOES it get, anyway? Plexi, more, less? Anything short of metal, or just country and blues?

Comment

its a cool amp but its a little awkward to use since it wasnt meant as a footswitchable amp. there is a good amount of gain on tap but it doesnt sound like a hot rodded marshall since the eq is much more bf fendery. youll get the liquid singing mesa lead tone with both volumes up high.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          its a cool amp but its a little awkward to use since it wasnt meant as a footswitchable amp. there is a good amount of gain on tap but it doesnt sound like a hot rodded marshall since the eq is much more bf fendery. youll get the liquid singing mesa lead tone with both volumes up high.
          How far without pedals? KISS? Randy Rhoads? Or full-on early Metallica with the right pickups?

And oh yeah, what % of that is achievable with mostly preamp tubes? Seems like power tube distortion would kick in at some pretty extreme decibels only?

The footswitching could probably be handled with an A/B box right?
          Last edited by Adieu; 12-14-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

yes, you can a/b switch channels but there can be a big ass volume jump since input 1 feeds input 2. theres a lot of gain with both volumes dimed, kiss and rhodes, even early metallica but its not voiced like that. think big thick creamy not crunchy or bright

Comment

Creamy? So, like.... the amp Jimi would've been all over in the 70s if he'd just lived a couple more years??

Comment

Working...
              X