X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 watt Poweramp 60 watt cab?

Hi,

Stupid question probably.

I have a Harley Benton 1*12 cab with a v30 rated at 60watt RMS at 8ohm.

I now also have an Eleven rack with a Harley Benton gpa400 power amp which puts out 2* 100 watts at 8ohms

Is it ok to connect 1 channel of the Poweramp to the cab to play at bedroom volumes or will this still destroy the speaker?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Re: 100 watt Poweramp 60 watt cab?

at low volumes you will be fine

Comment

Just don't crank it. Maybe look at a cheap low-power head like the Orange Micro Dark to be safe.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

if you keep the volume low, you really dont need a different amp unless you want one

Comment

It's pretty hard to accidentally push over 60W in home use really. You need crank in to quite uncomfortable levels to exceed that.

Adding piles of bass will raise the wattage going through speakers quick. I don't really know why anyone would want to crank that much bass in their guitar amp though, but good to be aware of it.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Yeah, 60W in a house would be very loud, you'll want be anywhere near that at home practice levels, probably not even at normal gigging levels. I use my 180W ISP Stealth through 1-12 cabs all the time, I never turn the volume on the amp past 1/2 way, and the source into the amp is turned down also, I'm probably never getting anywhere near 20W, much less the full 180.

Comment

Yeah I thought so but I wasn't sure and better to be safe then sorry right?

Thanks for the input and happy holidays!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X