banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jensen & Celestion speaker pairing? (Fender&Marshall flavours)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen & Celestion speaker pairing? (Fender&Marshall flavours)

I have Fender bassbreaker 15. The low gain structure covers fender cleans & the mid structure handles Marshall drive. I have put a Jensen P12R in the combo that improves on the fender cleans (more mid scooped like a Blackface fender deluxe)
    So I’m thinking about buying the extension cab & putting a Celestion heritage G12m in it to improve on the Marshall side. They both are similarly efficient so one shouldn’t overpower the other.

My question is running both speakers at once will it kinda be like running a fender & Marshall together?
    Or will I run into problems as the speakers are too different? (Mid scooped vs mid pushed)
    This is my first time experimenting with speakers so go easy on me

Re: Jensen & Celestion speaker pairing? (Fender&Marshall flavours)

It does sound like a great pairing. Haven't heard it personally.

Definitely try it out!
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Not sure about Jensen with Celestion, but I used to run Celestion Greenbacks and 75W together in cabs. Punchy Mid Range and Grit meets tight bottom and feedback.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I use a Celestion V30 (middy British voiced) and a Eminence C. Rex (darker American voiced) together, and they sound great together both dirty and clean. I'd say give it a shot.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Many people have success mixing speakers. Go for it (and be prepared to swap one or both as you dial in your sound, just like pickups)
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

i think those will mix fine, i mix a british voiced red fang and american voiced weber 10a150t in the same amp and they blend beautifully

Comment

I've had more unsuccessful speaker mixing experiences than successful ones. Especially when mixing two very different speakers in the same cab.
              I could always hear one or the other separately, and tjat really annoyed me. This usually occurred when two different speakers where either beside each other in a 212, or in an x pattern in a 412.
              As a result, I prefer to not mix speakers in 212s, and only do a top/bottom mix in 412s.
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
              ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                I've had more unsuccessful speaker mixing experiences than successful ones. Especially when mixing two very different speakers in the same cab.
                I could always hear one or the other separately, and tjat really annoyed me. This usually occurred when two different speakers where either beside each other in a 212, or in an x pattern in a 412.
                As a result, I prefer to not mix speakers in 212s, and only do a top/bottom mix in 412s.
                I'm going to partially agree with this. As much as I love my 4x12 with 2 Creamback H's and 2 Relic 30's in an X pattern, it's really off-putting how it sounds REALLY different depending on which side of the cab you're standing or sitting at. I've had other X-patterns in the same cab (T-75's/Vintage 30's. EVH's/Vintage 30's, Creambacks H's/Vintage 30's, and Relic 30's/Vintage 30's), and it's been the same for all. The only reason I keep the X-pattern in it is because I like to be able to mic each type of speaker for different tones, and I prefer how the speakers sound mic'd up in the angled top half of the cab. I wish I had more cabs, lol.
                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-24-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

I like to mix an Alnico and a Ceramic speaker. The blend sounds really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X