banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avi Elkiss of B-52 amps has bought Soldano.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avi Elkiss of B-52 amps has bought Soldano.

Boutique Amps Distributors to make them ....
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 12-19-2018, 06:20 PM.

Re: Avi Elkiss of B-52 amps has bought Soldano.

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker
    So the same guys that make Bogners and Friedmans?
    Friedman amps, Wampler & Bogner pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
      Interesting. Well, at least they're not going off the market. I can still get an SLO... someday. LOL

Comment

Can we get the SLO at B-52 pricing???

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. I'd love it if they could figure out how to drop the price of the Hot Rod 25 a bit.

Comment

Turns out Avi owns BAD ...

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. I'd love it if they could figure out how to drop the price of the Hot Rod 25 a bit.
            They will be made by the same dudes that make Friedman amps. I doubt they'll be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post

If you want an SLO at B52 pricing, get a Jet City. I know they're more of a Hot Rod, but they sound pretty good once you swap out the crappy, stock tubes.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                If you want an SLO at B52 pricing, get a Jet City. I know they're more of a Hot Rod, but they sound pretty good once you swap out the crappy, stock tubes.
                Lots of high-end amp makers use those same "crappy" Shuguang Chinese tubes. Bogner, Diezel and Friedman come to mind. I personally like them.
                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 12-21-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I've had good luck with Shuguang tubes in the past, never considered them cheap or crappy, but the 12AX7s can be a little bright, or at least some of the older gen ones I've used can be.

Comment

Don't full-blown Soldanos come with those as well? I know they use the infamous Sovtek 5881's that everybody likes to hate on for the poweramp, but I wonder what they put in the preamp slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      Lots of high-end amp makers use those same "crappy" Shuguang Chinese tubes. Bogner, Diezel and Friedman come to mind. I personally like them.
                      Originally posted by devastone View Post
                      I've had good luck with Shuguang tubes in the past, never considered them cheap or crappy, but the 12AX7s can be a little bright, or at least some of the older gen ones I've used can be.
                      Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      Don't full-blown Soldanos come with those as well? I know they use the infamous Sovtek 5881's that everybody likes to hate on for the poweramp, but I wonder what they put in the preamp slots.
                      Granted I generally find Shuguangs overly bright, harsh and fizzy, but they were something else entirely in the Jet City. That thing sounded like a metal can full of bees with the stock tubes and while I generally don't like JJ ECC83s, they were exactly what the doctor ordered for that amp.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

ha, I don't know anything about B-52 -but how can you have a website that looks as ****ty as B-52? which so many crappy testimonials and horrible pictures

Hopefully they are so concentrated on making quality amps, that they don't have a webmaster.

http://www.b-52stealthseries.com/start.html
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                          Granted I generally find Shuguangs overly bright, harsh and fizzy, but they were something else entirely in the Jet City. That thing sounded like a metal can full of bees with the stock tubes and while I generally don't like JJ ECC83s, they were exactly what the doctor ordered for that amp.
                          Yeah, the Jet City's are bright so JJs would be a good fit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                            The dude that owns B-52 owns Friedman and bogner? I thought dave friedman owned friedman, and R. Bogner owned bogner. Apparently I live in an alternate universe. Or is everything a monopoly owned by Yamaha?

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                              The dude that owns B-52 owns Friedman and bogner? I thought dave friedman owned friedman, and R. Bogner owned bogner. Apparently I live in an alternate universe. Or is everything a monopoly owned by Yamaha?
                              Boutique Amps Distributors is a distributor more than anything. Friedman amps have them assembly line at BAD, but Dave and Rob are the owners and Dave QCs every amp before it ships.
                              -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                              “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
                              X