Ron Wood's tour amps 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Wood's tour amps 2018?

This shot comes from a Fulltone site that shows a lot of artists stage setups (obviously show-casing Fulltone products). Can anyone ID the amps?

That site might be interesting to a lot of people here: https://www.fulltone.com/galleries/fulltone-artists-rigs-and-pedalboards-photo-gallery

"For old fashioned blues and rock, something about heavy tubes, heavy transformers, heavy speakers and heavy cabinets just works." PFDarkside

Re: Ron Wood's tour amps 2018?

I cant quite tell what the one on the left is, I think the ones on the right and center are Vibro Kings
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

By the way, here is a full concert video of the Stones in Prague this summer: No Filter Tour 7/4/2108, Prague.

I took this screen shot from it. These don't look like exactly the same amps pictured above, and I could not find a date for that shot. But these are what Ronnie is using currently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.46.40 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	5810905

"For old fashioned blues and rock, something about heavy tubes, heavy transformers, heavy speakers and heavy cabinets just works." PFDarkside

Comment

the dark grill amps are vibrokings in both pics i think. no idea about the far left amp in the first pic. 2x12 blonde fender combo with two channels and volume treble bass on the right channel? dunno

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          the dark grill amps are vibrokings in both pics i think. no idea about the far left amp in the first pic. 2x12 blonde fender combo with two channels and volume treble bass on the right channel? dunno
          I zoomed in and the logo appears to read "Bassman", while the control layout matches a blackface Bassman. Maybe rehoused in a combo cabinet?
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Ronnie has been using Vibro Kings almost exclusively for the last 20 years.

As for that Brownface looking thing in the foreground of the first photo, based on the simple control layout and the logo it appears to be a Bassman in a combo cabinet. The other two are definitely Vibro Kings.
            -
            My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
            X