Volume pedal for dual rectifier fx loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pedal for dual rectifier fx loop

I've read recently a lot of people using a volume pedal in their fx loop to help lover the volume of their amps. Specifically dual rectifiers or amps that get most of their tone from the pre amp section. However, I'm not finding out if the dual rectifier needs a low impedance or high impedance pedal.

Is anyone doing this and/or know the answer?

Re: Volume pedal for dual rectifier fx loop

Is it a different sound than just turning the effects level knob down on the back of the amp?

Comment

I have a mid 2000's 3 channel dual rec. It has send & return levels on the back.
      However it came with parallel FX loop that i had to mod to series to use pedals with.
      If yours has send & return levels you shouldn't need a volume pedal.

Comment

No they have send and mix controls, not send and return. (much different)
        Being series modded normally just omits the mix control, not the send level control.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          No they have send and mix controls, not send and return. (much different)
          Being series modded normally just omits the mix control, not the send level control.
          Oh maybe thats what i got. It took me some tweaking to find the sweet spot. MESA should make a switch to toggle between series & parallel IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
            Oh maybe thats what i got. It took me some tweaking to find the sweet spot. MESA should make a switch to toggle between series & parallel IMO.
            That would be great, and a great selling point/feature for them to brag about.

Comment

Working...
            X