Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Mini Amp Head for around 500$

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Haven't seen that DSL 20 and was surprised to see it had EL34's in it at that wattage. Need to play with one of those amps! It's probably the same concept as the PRS MT 15 which runs a pair of 6L6's at low voltage.
    Wonder how it stacks up to my little Jet City JCA 22H Custom?? So far it's been my favorite lunch box head by far under $500 so--.
    The PRS is $650 or so and is a bad little rig.
    That DSL 20 is very interesting in that it's running those EL 34's and should have a lot tighter bigger bottom end because of them. Will watch for your review when you get it.
    The Marshall Mini Jubilee also runs a pair of EL-34s, but they run closer to $900 used or $1300 new. The Mini doesn't have the same mojo as my 2555, but you can't really tell the difference unless you actually swap cables between them.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Re: Best Mini Amp Head for around 500$

There's also the Marshall Origin 20 using EL34s:

This amp can also be switched to 5 watts or 1 watt.

Comment

Working...
      X