banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell do you stack a Marshall and a Mesa on the same slant cab STABLY???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How the hell do you stack a Marshall and a Mesa on the same slant cab STABLY???

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    You just bought a guitar on a whim last weekend that looks like it needs to be used in a Vegas Cirque Du Soleil show about the rise and fall of the band Stryper and you are questioning why this guy needs 2 amps?

I kid I kid.

can I get your band's "mission statement"? I feel like I am going to be a fan.
    From the Hollywood Blvd Charter (I kid you not):

Vision: To be the Tampa Bay [Central/West] Coast Area’s premier 80’s Hair Metal Tribute Band
    * When someone needs a Hair Band - Hollywood Blvd is the first call. We do all the right songs, the right way!

Mission: To be an 80’s Hair Metal Tribute Band, providing a comprehensive 80’s Hair Band experience in set list, appearance, and performance.
    * Set List: The most loved and well known hair songs of all time (1981 to 1991-ish)
    * Appearance: Big hair, Spandex, Denim, Neon, Animal print absurdity
    * Performance: All the expected light, fog, lasers, instruments, moves and every other cliche of an arena rock show
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Re: How the hell do you stack a Marshall and a Mesa on the same slant cab STABLY???

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      From the Hollywood Blvd Charter (I kid you not):

Vision: To be the Tampa Bay [Central/West] Coast Area’s premier 80’s Hair Metal Tribute Band
      * When someone needs a Hair Band - Hollywood Blvd is the first call. We do all the right songs, the right way!

Mission: To be an 80’s Hair Metal Tribute Band, providing a comprehensive 80’s Hair Band experience in set list, appearance, and performance.
      * Set List: The most loved and well known hair songs of all time (1981 to 1991-ish)
      * Appearance: Big hair, Spandex, Denim, Neon, Animal print absurdity
      * Performance: All the expected light, fog, lasers, instruments, moves and every other cliche of an arena rock show
      This will be the best thing a read for a long while.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I'm gonna take an entire other approach to this question and ask:

Why exactly is it actually necessary* to take both of those to any particular gig?

*Before challenging the the definition of necessary, please remember I am in a band whose core values include "Excess" as it relates to gear...
        It's not... probably. Although the TSL did come to me with a blown fuse, so maybe a backup wouldn't hurt if I needed to be absolutely sure...

Meanwhile, they're just parked on top of each other because there's too much crap in the garage
        Last edited by Adieu; 01-18-2019, 09:43 PM.
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
          It's not... probably. Although the TSL did come to me with a blown fuse, so maybe a backup wouldn't hurt if I needed to be absolutely sure...

Meanwhile, they're just parked on top of each other because there's too much crap in the garage
          The better response would have been -Aceman -it's necessary because everyone in my new premier 80's Hair Metal tribute band plays multiple stacks live, we're called "Hollywood and Vine" and we are coming for you, brother"
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            The better response would have been -Aceman -it's necessary because everyone in my new premier 80's Hair Metal tribute band plays multiple stacks live, we're called "Hollywood and Vine" and we are coming for you, brother"
            Hollywood and Vine???

Hell to the no, I haaaaaate that area. Anywhere much north of Sixth in LA should be sanitized with hellfire.

EDIT ok fine, much north of Third... in the name of tolerance, free parking, and self-operated carwashes, I can live with Third I suppose
            Last edited by Adieu; 01-18-2019, 10:02 PM.
            "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Hollywood and Vine???

Hell to the no, I haaaaaate that area. Anywhere much north of Sixth in LA should be sanitized with hellfire.

EDIT ok fine, much north of Third... in the name of tolerance, free parking, and self-operated carwashes, I can live with Third I suppose
              ok, let's see -gotta get this band going...

"Venice Boulevard Panty Brigade"?

"The Wynona Riders"?

"The White Reigns"?

"The Labrea Guitar sh*ts"?

"Culver City Milf Patrol"?

"

Comment

Home use? Meh - get a shelf, make a shelf, or excuse for a new cab!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X