Orange TremLord 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange TremLord 30

Orange are making a new amp for 2019. 30W el84, tube reverb and tremolo, headroom and bedroom power with half power on each(15/30w, 2/1W).
    Supposedly their most vintage sounding amp ever, they say.
    Recommended retail GBP £999

I like this idea from orange perhaps it'll be like the OR15 and how it amazingly covers many Marshall 800-ish tones and does small amp version of old OR tones, but with more of a bassman-like/bluesbreaker like vibe!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Re: Orange TremLord 30

I'm not a huge fan of Orange, but from everything I've seen and heard so far, this is looking to be a helluva amp. Great feature set!

Comment

Oh laaaaaawwd..... here we go again, but this time with c.untry twang cowboy bs. Yeee-haaaaww!!!
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

what are you on about now?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          what are you on about now?
          The description? Seems like a Cowboy Fender copy
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

From an Artist perspective, Orange is the most supportive and active brand in the industry.

They should be commended for their behavior and products in a time where most other brand's souls have moved up to high rise boardrooms and lost in Asia.

I support everything they do.... they are good dudes.

I'll probably buy one.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I had a real hard time not getting the or15 again when I got my Princeton reverb.
              I've played and owned a few amps but that orange had my favorite range of dirty tones in such a convenient size.
              The tiny terror was good but never took the plunge. But I plug into one for shoots and googles every time I see one in a shop.
              Rockerverbs are nuts and so is the dual dark.
              And yeah I've read that orange have really been artist focused almost since they opened. That's commendable.

I would love to get back into some orange gear when my wallet is ready
              But most of the stuff I play these days is cleaner stuff than when I owned the or15 so my main amps are fender...
              If my supersonic 22 was worth more and easier to sell (they had a bad rep early on for being unreliable and noisy) I would work on flipping it toward an orange.
              Marshall have the jvm which I really like, and would love to try the mini jubilee, but I know for a fact that the Or15 can do what I like for a good bit less money and more manageable wattage. The DSL sort of made me work for what I got, the orange just gave it up.
              So in short, I also like orange and generally approve of all their doings that I'm aware of.

Last edited by FuseG4; 01-18-2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

They're the best mass-produced amps you can buy and this was basically the only thing missing from their lineup. Now they literally have something for everyone.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I think it sounds great, and it's voiced with the strong midrange I associate with Oranges in general. Don't know if the trem has enough range to go into cutoff, but it is a great sounding amp, and would serve as a killer amp for guys who mainly use pedals
                  - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                  Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                  The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I'm impressed that they did NOT put a gain knob in it. That's a ballsy move.
                    Want it to crunch even a tiny bit? Use a pedal or crank it.
                    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

In such cases as long as you can crank the amp I really like the control you get by setting the amp wide open or as open as possible, and using the guitar volume as your gain knob. I don't use treble bleed circuits and like the slight drop in presence and brightness you get from having the guitar volume down. It often feels like just the right amount of edge can be taken off a bright guitar that way, but leaving you plenty of room to increase your presence rolling the controls back up.
                      You can totally do this with a master volume amp too but it becomes another knob to twiddle... And some amp makers really believe that every circuit you add changes the tone for better or for worse so... I feel the non master approach here works.
                      If you wanted a gainy amp orange have already had you covered with other amps anyways!

Comment

Also if you really need to change the ratio of preamp to power amp you may stick volume pedals in the tube buffered fx loop
                        And I'm sure in 1 or 2W mode you could have the sucker crunching lightly in your house and not make anyone mad
                        And 15W is probably a decent setting for getting what overdrive is available at stage volumes. My Princeton crunches up nice at 6 or 7 which is quite loud but not painfully loud. I think they actually gave you all the options you could ask for, for getting the amp to drive without including a master, short of a boost switch which I usually leave in one position on amps that have them anyways lol

Comment

I love 15w tube amps. They're typically great for smaller gigs and can be good at home as well. On top of that they're typically a 1 speaker combo and not too heavy.

I used to own an Orange AD30TC 2x12 combo - beautiful sounding amp, lots of juicy tube tones with lots of dirty warmth. I would've gigged it a lot had it not weighed so much and been a monster to lug around.. Granted any 2x12 combo is usually pretty cumbersome, but the thick ply cabinet just tipped the scales over for me..

This amp they're bringing out sounds great on paper. I love amps with built in reverb and trem, they tend to make me play more delicately and with a cleaner tone. Look forward to hearing some demos.

Comment

Sounds like it could be interesting. Too bad I dont have a place to go and try diff ones. Only 2 things that would shy me away are the lack of a gain knob as Im a dirt freak and not able to crank things to get the dirt and also, there have been very few amps that I have tried with el84s that excite me.. But again, I dont have a place where I can really test drive a variety of amps. But, it is cool they are artist focused and this amp seems to fill a void.. Look forward to reviews!
                            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

This is such a good sound.

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                              Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                              The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                              X