Mesa Single Rec Series 1 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Single Rec Series 1 issue

Heres a question for single rec experts. I have a series 1. Solo output actually increases overall volume up to almost quarter turn (9'oclock) even when feature not engaged. Obviously can also lower it back down to 6' oclock. Any reason for this? Wonky pot? Amp works completely fine otherwise. Solo function also works as should with foot switch. Its almost as if the solo features circuit has slight bleed through. Anybody else experience it? Its kinda neat because I can get really low volumes for at home but Im concerned about leaving it like that if somethings wrong.
    Attached Files

Re: Mesa Single Rec Series 1 issue

My advice would be to give Mesa a call; I'm sure their techs can help you out.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Re: Mesa Single Rec Series 1 issue

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I called Mesa last week and they weren't really sure what was going on. I posted this on a thread on Facebook and Bruce Egnater replied saying it could be a Field Effect transistor went bad. And the CV for the Field Effect transistor. At that point im Lost. If it's something like that I'm assuming I'm just going to have to take it to a tech and be without the amp for a few weeks. I was hoping to avoid that you know?
      Last edited by koosh; 01-23-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X