Thoughts on a Orange Tiny Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Orange Tiny Terror

Found a good deal on one. Just wanting to see if anyone has one and what they think about it. I play everything from blues to metal but 70s rock is what I play most.

Re: Thoughts on a Orange Tiny Terror

You're gona dig it and their US warehouse is in Atlanta so repairs are cheap.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Pretty meh, as I recall
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

The one I'm looking at is a micro terror. The guy has a lot of stuff he's selling and the micro terror is in deal.

Comment

They are cool little amps, plenty loud. The only downside is there isn't a ton of clean headroom. If you typically play with a bit or a lot of dirt you will absolutely love the amp. My suggestion is to pass on the matching cabinet and find a 1x12 cab or bigger to get the most out of the amp. I even used it to push my 4x12 with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty302 View Post
            The one I'm looking at is a micro terror. The guy has a lot of stuff he's selling and the micro terror is in deal.
            Micro Terror is SS amp with 1 preamp tube. Basically cheap practice amp version of Tiny Terror, which is full tube amp. Supposedly they have more headroom though.

Tiny Terror is great for living room playing and sounds great for overdriven rock. But, it has practically no headroom and is barely enough to play with a band if you don't mind your amp going full on the edge.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Tiny Terror is okay - I think you’ll like it’s big brother (OR-15) more though..

Comment

My Tiny Terror is one of my favorite and most used amps. It’s Sabbath in a box... one channel, great gain, cleans up well and if you mic the cab it can be used in a full band. Mine has even kept up with two 50 watt full stacks with the terror running a pair of 2X15s. Love that little thing.
                Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Micro's are fun, I've seen some guys gig with them but I felt it was a little overwhelmed by that.

The Tiny Terror itself is a great amp, perfect for 70's stuff for sure. I use a Dual Terror for 90% of what I do, a little more versatile and a little extra gas when I need it.
                  Last edited by Wattage; 02-04-2019, 08:42 PM.
                  My Bands -
                  https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                  www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                  www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                  GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by xxxplorer View Post
                    My Tiny Terror is one of my favorite and most used amps. It’s Sabbath in a box... one channel, great gain, cleans up well and if you mic the cab it can be used in a full band. Mine has even kept up with two 50 watt full stacks with the terror running a pair of 2X15s. Love that little thing.
                    What guitar do you play with?

My biggest irk with TT was that I never could get cleans out of it. If I had gain at good level of crunch, had to to dial out guitar volume to useless levels before getting any cleans. That also resulted in really lackluster tone.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

first lets establish that the Tiny Terror and the Micro terror are way different amps. The Micro terror which I think you are talking about is a hybrid amp and for what it is they do great. It will nail a 70's rock tone pretty well. The one thing i like about them is the 1 12ax7 that is has makes a huge difference in the tone. Play around with different tubes and you can get it pretty much anywhere you want it. It powers a 4x12 great and will keep up with any band practice. can be gigged but I think that is 100% dependent on the venue. If the price is right I say go for it they are fun little amps and usually cheap.

Orange amps I have for comparison
                      tiny terror
                      micro terror
                      micro dark terror
                      cr120 pro
                      jim root #4
                      Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Comment

Tiny Terrors sounded pretty good, but they're a bit outdated now. The came out at a time where the lunchbox craze was just starting. There's options now in the same wattage/price range that have full three-band tone stacks, channel switching, more effective ways of getting bedroom-friendly volumes, etc. that still sound as good if not better.

I think the OR15, Rocker 15 Terror, Brent Hinds Terror, or Jim Root Terror can kinda do what the Tiny Terror does, but can also do much more.

*EDIT* Oh, so we're actually talking about the Micro Terror, then?
                        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-05-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I own 6 of the terror series amps (also including the OR15) and I really love them!
                          I don't own an actual Tiny Terror as I have the Dual Terror (which has the TT channel) and I think it's one of my favorites from the bunch.
                          That huge sort of fuzzy sound is just yummy imho.
                          Perhaps try one out first, they tend to be pretty affordable on the used market but don't overlook the Dual Terror as it has twice the wattage and the Fat channel is very nice.

These are the ones I own:

Dual Terror
                          Dark Terror
                          Jim Root Terror
                          OR15
                          Rocker 15 Terror
                          Brent Hinds Terror

Each one has it's own flavor!
                          Last edited by Guitarjon; 02-07-2019, 01:52 PM.
                          Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
                          OwnHammer.com

Comment

Working...
                          X