fx loop issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fx loop issues

I took apart my Egnater yesterday as I've been noticing a distinctive low end and volume loss with fx loop engaged. I suspect it may have been that way quite a while, as I usually always have my board connected.

What I found was burnt 10 Ohm resistor in the ground side of send jack. It's not fully open, but has around ~45-55 Ohms of resistance:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnt_res.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	5850627

Already ordered replacement part, but I wonder what's the purpose of resistor that small? Looks a bit like treble bleed, which made me think it could be there offsetting added capacitance of fx loop cables. Then again would that be issue in buffered loop anyway?
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: fx loop issues

Certainly looks to be a treble bleed to ground for the ground side of the signal - I’d guess it’s to reduce preamp noise/hiss going into effects, but I’m no expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: fx loop issues

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      Certainly looks to be a treble bleed to ground for the ground side of the signal - I’d guess it’s to reduce preamp noise/hiss going into effects, but I’m no expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I would agree with this.

Comment

Working...
      X