Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp hunt today small tube heads

Those little stacks look cool too!!!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Re: Amp hunt today small tube heads

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Thanks for the info! I have a tubescreamer and no reason to Dystrust you.... haha
      Sorry, had to Bro!!
      No worries, I get it.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
      Those little stacks look cool too!!!
      I really think you'd like one, and they sound decent at a volume that the wife (hopefully) wouldn't complain about. You can get a black one for ~$300, a red or white one for ~$500, or a silver jubilee or plexi-style green one for ~$700-900. I lucked into mine for $200 about 3 1/2 years ago, though two of the pots were completely shot and needed to be replaced.

There are three versions of the Lead 12 1x10 combo; the very rare first version that is built around a fuzz circuit, and the later two revisions that use a LM1458. The stack is only available in the later two versions, and the only difference between the two is the earlier one has the headphone jack on the back.

If you're in the market now, I found this black one on reverb for $300, or this one for $350. If you want a custom color, I found a white one at a Guitar Center in MD for $429. All three of them are the earlier version of the mini stack with the headphone jack on the back and that white one is a great deal for a custom color.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
      X