NAD - positive grid bias amp 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - positive grid bias amp 2

free software running on $67 iPad 4th gen (24 amps with preamp, output, tone stack adjustments galore...great fun for tweakers like me);
    $5 2x100W TPA3116D2 2-Channel Digital amplifier;
    Old Fender Mustang I cabinet with leftover VHT 12" chromeback, 10" Celestion G10D-25 and Polk Audio bookshelf speakers for full range, heh, heh,heh...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190214_152028[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	5850731

Name:	20190214_152056[1].jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	5850732

Re: NAD - positive grid bias amp 2

Yes.

Comment

Cool - what are you powering the class d amp with (and how many volts are you using)? It’s not 50 watts per channel is it? (or there’s like a mono mode?)

I want to make a higher powered class d amp but getting stuck on figuring out a reasonably priced adapter that’s not noisy.
      Last edited by DankStar; 02-14-2019, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
        Cool - what are you powering the class d amp with (and how many volts are you using)? It’s not 50 watts per channel is it? (or there’s like a mono mode?)

I want to make a higher powered class d amp but getting stuck on figuring out a reasonably priced adapter that’s not noisy.
        think its an old 24V 6A DC supply from a lap top...dead silent...100W/channel....12" and 10" 16 Ohm spkrs in parallel on one and the Polk on the other...
        Last edited by justFred; 02-16-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks - I was seeing chatter online about how laptop supplies are noisy so nice to hear they’re usable. Pretty easy to come by and lots of little boards to choose from these days to use them with.

Comment

in the event of a tube crisis a 5W 6L6 option is available:

Name:	kld.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	5812934

It is amazing how much stuff accumulates over time in boxes, drawers, corners, car trunks...had enough stuff to build a quick and dirty SS rectifier 5W amp....

Comment

shoulda not never put that 6L6 amp there...all those "lovely" amp models sound like crap compared to one little two tube amp...SS rectifier and all....

Comment

Working...
              X