Orange OR50 DOOMY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange OR50 DOOMY

A while back, I got a 40th anniversary Orange OR50. I never got around to posting a video until now. DOOMY goodness.

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Re: Orange OR50 DOOMY

Pretty sick. Are you using any pedals or just the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's awesome! Sounds good. Seems like it has a fairly tight response the way you have it set, it stays somewhat percussive for how much orangey grind there is. Get your riffs to hit and cut through? No problem!
      Seems like it would be a cool flavor for late 60s early 70s blues rock/psychedelic stuff too maybe backed off just a little.
      The texture of that breakup is so gnarly. I dig.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BenPerkins View Post
        Pretty sick. Are you using any pedals or just the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Just the amp. The gain and HF drive were both around 8 on the dial.
        - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
          That's awesome! Sounds good. Seems like it has a fairly tight response the way you have it set, it stays somewhat percussive for how much orangey grind there is. Get your riffs to hit and cut through? No problem!
          Seems like it would be a cool flavor for late 60s early 70s blues rock/psychedelic stuff too maybe backed off just a little.
          The texture of that breakup is so gnarly. I dig.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
          It's superb backed off to below noon for bluesy stuff. Sabbath is so easy for it with the gain on 6. After that point the fuzziness kicks up a lot.
          Last edited by guitfiddle; 02-20-2019, 12:22 AM.
          - Tom

Comment

Working...
          X