Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD .. 100 centiwatts of Marshall Goodness

So the backstory is...

I had been away from the hobby (and here) for a few years. And about 4 months ago we moved from NY to FL and with the change of scenery I got back into playing. But in the new home - on one floor with high ceilings and tile throughout, vs our prior northeast home - 9 foot ceilings with carpet and 3 floors, the Peavey c20 head and even the vox ac4c1 are both way too loud. So yes we have amazing natural hall reverb, but we still need some area rugs...

So to fix my "problem" I got my first Marshall, a DSL1HR. I cant believe I never tried one of these before. Seriously, it packs plenty of sound for my needs and the sound that comes out of it matches the name on the front to a "T". I've only tried it out quickly with my WLH loaded LP and my PRS SE single cut with Seth's into a 12" G12H clone (mojo). I can easily get from chimey to fat and crunchy and the reverb is very usable.

Sounds awesome with a Dunlop Echoplex out front. Next I'm going to have to play around with some OD and the Carcosa fuzz into my new little beast

Re: NAD .. 100 centiwatts of Marshall Goodness

Congrats! I have one of those as well, and I really like it. I like it better than my Randall RD1H, even for metal (which is pretty much the only thing I play, lol), TBH. It's louder if need be, quieter in 0.1W mode, it has a pretty useable clean channel (which really likes smooth-sounding neck pickups), and, most of all, lots of Marshall snarl on the gain channel.

It's also surprisingly fat-sounding.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-20-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It sounds more impressive if you say "1,000 milliwatts".

I love small Marshalls. Let's face it, Marshall just don't sound right unless they are cranked, and small Marshalls are the only ones that are crankable these days. I'll take my 18 Watter cranked over a 2203 with its master on 2 any day.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

That's a cool little amp. And welcome to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
          It sounds more impressive if you say "1,000 milliwatts".

I love small Marshalls. Let's face it, Marshall just don't sound right unless they are cranked, and small Marshalls are the only ones that are crankable these days. I'll take my 18 Watter cranked over a 2203 with its master on 2 any day.
          Yes but 100 is more believable .. for an instant anyway

Comment

Working...
          X