banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not been able to work with a clean amp and distortion pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else not been able to work with a clean amp and distortion pedal?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    The irony is that the original distortion and overdrive pedals WERE designed to be run into a clean amp, but guitarists preferred them into a slightly broken up amp. Every Boss pedal is designed to sound good run into a JC-120.
    You're a dirty liar. The MT-2 was never designed to sound good.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      You're a dirty liar. The MT-2 was never designed to sound good.
      You must have missed the memo, the cool thing now is to claim on the internet that you get amazing tone out of your Metal Zone.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        You must have missed the memo, the cool thing now is to actually admit on the internet that you get amazing tone out of your Metal Zone.
        ^^^fixed for accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          When I bought my D+ almost 35 years ago the guy at the music store told me "the magic of this pedal is it can make anything sound good or make anything sound bad". I have been lucky I guess I have always been happy with it. I love the D+ with my Fender Quad, it makes the pre-amp tubes sing. It sounds just as good with my JC-120. Always thick with great touch sensitivity.
          See - this points out another thing - one mans muddy mess of bees is another mans Stradivarius of clipping.

I HATE the D+ into anything clean. Just never ever liked it. Other guitar player made it totally work with his solid state Yamaha.

Thus - infinite flavors of dirt! See "Get Dirty" thread....
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Lake Placid Blues View Post
            I have not had much luck with pedals. Give me an amp with a good dynamic overdrive channel instead.
            +1.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              See - this points out another thing - one mans muddy mess of bees is another mans Stradivarius of clipping.
              /END THREAD

Comment

Working...
              X