banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KTG-1 Preamp - in 220v country: use with 110v/220v AC Adaptor or change the fuse?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTG-1 Preamp - in 220v country: use with 110v/220v AC Adaptor or change the fuse?

Hello guys, I just bought a KTG-1 tube preamp and it comes with the fuse for 110V. I live in a country with 220V.

Would you recommend to:

1.Change the fuse to a 100ma/250V Slo Blo, as it says in the old manual, so I can use it directly with 220V
    2.Just use it with an 110/220v 750W or so AC Converter adapter.(That weights aproximately 2KG and has a buzz sound)

?

Thanks for your wisdom and info, and best.
    Saurio

Re: KTG-1 Preamp - in 220v country: use with 110v/220v AC Adaptor or change the fuse?

Firstly, don't know much about the preamp..but I'm pretty sure 750W is excessive for what it requires. There should be a "max power consumtion" value printed at the back somewhere..otherwise it will definitely be mentioned in the manual (which you could find online if you don't have one or just ask someone here if they know since it's a SD product) . ..and your voltage converter should have at least twice that value of power available..thrice for adequate headroom. Either way I don't see it requiring anywhere near 750 W.

I use a 120 Watt tube head (max power consumption 350 W) with a 1 KVA (1000 watt) step-down tranny and it works perfectly with plenty of headroom & no hint of noise or buzzing at all. In fact I can safely run another 100W head simultaneously with it (plugged into the same step-down tranny) ...no problem whatsoever, except for marginally reduced headroom.

Oh and changing the fuse is'nt going to make a difference...you'll just blow the preamp
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 03-27-2019, 08:44 PM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Re: KTG-1 Preamp - in 220v country: use with 110v/220v AC Adaptor or change the fuse?

If your suggesting

1. just change the fuse and plug a 110 volt unit into 240 volts. # DON'T #

2. Use the 240 to 110 volt adapter and change the fuse.
      sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
      - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Thank you very much Phantasmagoria and Golden Vulture for your wisdom. I have just tested it with an 100watts 220 to 110 AC adapter. Sounds amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X