• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacew
    replied
    Re: Amplier recording 101 question

To clarify:

Never connect anything else, except speaker or load box designed to replace the speaker, to Speaker out.

If your amp has Solid State power amp, you can run it without speaker connected.

If it has headphone out or line out you can use that to record direct.

If your amp has Tube power amp, never turn it on without speaker, or load that replaces the speaker.

Leave a comment:

• Empty Pockets
    replied

You can do this safely by running the headphone out from your Micro Terror to your interface. It emulates a 4x12 cab, too.

You can't do that with most all-tube amps but with Orange Micro heads, you can safely run them unloaded.
    Last edited by Empty Pockets; 04-18-2019, 01:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martyb
    replied

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    you can use a line out but not a speaker out and even the direct out wont sound "right" the speaker is a big part of the sound of an electric guitar so most people use a speaker simulator of one kind or another
    Thanks. Are there any inexpensive speaker sims to put between an amp speaker out and a daw recorder, that you know of

Leave a comment:

• mechanic1908
    replied

Pretty sure the voltage out of a speaker output would be a lot higher than the input on the recording device would be expecting.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied

Speaker out is High Current/Voltage not Line Level -DO NOT DO THAT

Your Multitrack recorder input can ONLY take line level or less -meaning you need a "line out" of the amp -so since you don't have one -use the Phone out -but only one side -either left or right. -

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

you can use a line out but not a speaker out and even the direct out wont sound "right" the speaker is a big part of the sound of an electric guitar so most people use a speaker simulator of one kind or another

Leave a comment:

• Martyb
    started a topic Amplier recording 101 question

Amplier recording 101 question

Hi. I have a question I’m pretty sure I know the answer to but I do t really know the “why”. So why can’t I take an amp head, like the Orange Micro Terror 20watt, and go direct line from the “speaker out” and plug that into the line-in of a digital multitrack recorder, to record my guitar through that amp? Or can I do that and get ok results?
Working...
X