banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 $350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman
    replied
    Re: Original Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 $350?

This has brand new JJ Tubes

I'll take less classic and more modern....Red box works - all I care about. I have a new one if I need "new"

Leave a comment:

• allstarrme
    replied

That’s not a bad price for one, my buddy has one he plays out on regularly and it sounds good. Used with the right speaker and some better tubes they sound really good. V30’s and stock tubes they can be very bright and beamy.

When they went to the TubeMeister 20 deluxe they added a cathode follower to the circuit to give it a more classic sound and voiced it closer to the TriAmp Mk3 2b channel for the lead. The difference is kind of subtle but the newer ones are a bit warmer.

Also the newer ones have an updated redbox di. It seems the 18’s and some of the 36’s even aren’t holding their price as well since the 20’s and 40 deluxe’s came out.

I have a whole bunch of them, mostly the newer versions but I have one 5 watt older one too still. I use the TubeMeister and grandmeister to play out with, since we mic up everything through the pa I usually get away with 20 watts for stage volume.

The 5 and 1 watt settings are great for practice at lower volume without waking the neighbors while still getting a decent sound. They are a bit more on the modern side, but still sound great and are super portable.

The new ones are still a bit bright, but they don’t get as lost in the mix as a Marshall dsl or my Carvin v3 would. Keeps up with a 6505 just fine. Cuts through great with a JB and has a very good clean channnel too.

Leave a comment:

• justFred
    replied

https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/3574

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    started a topic Original Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 $350?

Original Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 $350?

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
Working...
X