banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Amp Should I Upgrade First? (Tone Tubby Humboldt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Amp Should I Upgrade First? (Tone Tubby Humboldt)

Looking at the Ceramic Humboldts (8” 4 ohm and 10” 16 ohm) for bigger bass on either amp, with earlier breakup (don’t need efficiency- they’re practice amps as I use them.)

Which amp ‘needs’ the upgrade more, respective to the current speaker? ‘78 Silverface Champ with existing Jensen 4 ohm 8” C8R ? Or Vox AC4C1 with stock Celestion VX10 10” 16 ohm speaker?
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Which Amp Should I Upgrade First? (Tone Tubby Humboldt)

Are there traits you like or dislike with either of those amps?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Which Amp Should I Upgrade First? (Tone Tubby Humboldt)

Originally posted by aiaosu View Post
      Are there traits you like or dislike with either of those amps?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
      In general I am looking for more bass/breakup without raising the volume too much for both amps. If pressed I’d say the Vox could do with some attenuated highs for a more usable sweep of the Tone control, and the Champ the opposite. The Humboldt seems to be a fit in general but I’m curious - if either of these speakers is so close to the Tone Tubby already, that an upgrade wouldn’t be noticeable. If I only replace the speaker on one amp, I’m wondering which will feel more like an ‘upgrade.’
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Working...
      X