banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCM800 for a Dr Z Maz 18 with Brake Lite and Scumback M75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM800 for a Dr Z Maz 18 with Brake Lite and Scumback M75?

Hi all! I got offered a Dr Z Maz 18 with Brake Lite and Scumback M75 for my 1984 JCM800 2204 with an added FX loop (with switch to turn it off). I play mostly heavier stuff but have a lot of other amps to cover that ground. I LOVE the JCM but I do like acoustics and cleans as well and have been looking for a good combo for that. I don't know that I'd ever have another shot at another with a modded FX loop and switch, I don't do those things myself, bought this one this way already.

I know they're different animals but, it's pretty tempting anyway. Anyone played both and have an opinion on whether it'd be worth trading? I cross-posted this on reddit, time sensitive!

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Semetery; 08-06-2019, 01:46 PM.

Re: JCM800 for a Dr Z Maz 18 with Brake Lite and Scumback M75?

What JCM800 do you have? If it's a 2203x, you're giving up several hundred dollars worth of value in this trade; on that basis alone, you should make him throw in some cash before you even consider it.

Comment

I should've said, thanks! It's a 1984 2204.

Comment

which jcm800? they are pretty different amps for sure. the mas 18 mk2 is a great little amp. i dont know if it would be my first pick for acoustic stuff (fishman loudbox is a great solution there if you dont wanna run through the pa) but for clean and rootsy rock, its a great amp.

Comment

Yeah, forgot to list that, sorry! I posted right before you but will add it to the original post as well.

Comment

The vast majority of tube amps suck for acoustic guitars. As Jeremy said, the Fishman Loudbox series is pretty much king for that (I've owned/gigged all of the Loudboxes, the SA220, and a handful of other acoustic amps from various brands).

As for your question regarding the 2204 trade for a Dr Z Maz 18... it all depends on what tones you are after. If you primarily go for 80s rock tones, the 2204 would be superior. If you're looking for something other than that... the Dr Z might be the winner.
            "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
            X