Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI!!! (NAD)

[minty] Friedman BE50 inbound!

Just got a text from my music store buddy. His new Friedman BE100 Deluxe is supposed to arrive next week. So, as often is the case... he'll be "dumping his table scraps" (BE50 Deluxe) my way. I had already decided that I prefer the Blackface style cleans on the BE50 over the plexi cleans of the 100 anyways. So I'll be damned happy to have to "put up" with the passe BE50. This will be my 7th Friedman (others were a Pink Taco, Smallbox, 2015 BE100, Dirty Shirley, Wildwood Taco, and Buxom Betty in that order). All were awesome, but the BE50 will truly be the most versatile. I have never experienced a more capable channel-switcher than the 50 Deluxe. There is no kind of music that you couldn't play with world class tone with this amp.

On a related note... I picked-up a BE-OD Deluxe pedal a week ago that turns my Bad Cat Club 15, Deluxe Reverb FSR, and Retro King amps into a Friedman BE Deluxe head. This pedal is one of my favorites so far. It's beating-out a bunch of great OD pedals (Strymon Sunset, OCD, TS808, Bogner XTC Blue, Friedman Dirty Shirley pedal, and more) as my favorite in the man cave thus far. If you've always wanted the sweet tones in a Friedman amp, get one of Dave's pedals and play it over a decent clean amp, and you'll be 95-100% there!
    Last edited by Red_Label; 08-23-2019, 08:51 AM.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Re: FBI!!! (NAD)

That's fun. My buddy rebuilt an old Laney Pro Tube 50w into a Brown Eye gain channel with more EQ and I love it. I run it in stereo with a 60s Univox head that's basically a Dual Showman for a clean / dirty rig.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      That's fun. My buddy rebuilt an old Laney Pro Tube 50w into a Brown Eye gain channel with more EQ and I love it. I run it in stereo with a 60s Univox head that's basically a Dual Showman for a clean / dirty rig.
      Very cool. You got the best of both worlds there!

Honestly, I've been stoked about my Bad Cat since I got it earlier this summer. Such an awesome clean amp, and amazing pedal platform. I wasn't looking for another Friedman amp, but I've been saying for a while now that I'd pull the trigger on a BE50 if one ever came my direction. My buddy has had it in mind for me for over a year now, because he knew he'd be getting a 100 when they finally came out.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Comment

The BE50 got transfered from my buddy's man cave to my man cave tonight. OMG... of all the freakin awe-inspiring amps that have been through here over the past decade, this one is flat-out eargasmic! Best rock amp I've ever had. He says it's the best one he's ever had as well, and could only be displaced by his incoming BE100. 50 watts is just fine with me! And yup... the BE50 does indeed have the Betty's cleans (I would know, as the Betty was my last Friedman amp). The BE and HBE channels are just so scrumptious. I would swear they sound even more refined and 3D than the BE/HBE tones in my 2015 BE100. The tonal options on this amp are even more varied than those of that amp. I really loved that amp, but this one addresses the few shortcomings of that one. I am just amazed. I have it plugged into my trusty old Line6 4x12, loaded with H30s on bottom and EVH Greenbacks on top. I would swear that the sound is a pair of cabs, or even a stereo rig. I dunno how Dave Friedman does what he does, but he's a rock amplification genius.

Lately it seems to be in vogue on TGP and Rig-Talk by the leading gear whores, to dismiss Friedman amps and state things like "I'm over the smooth, refined tones of Dave's amps... Marshalls are better!" And to be fair/honest, I kinda thought I was over my Friedman phase too (though I never condescendingly stated it, and publicly dismissed his amps as a phase or fad, like some immature relationship that ran its course). But I gotta say that after spending a couple of hours tonight playing along with a bunch of AIC, Our Lady Peace, and other great tunes... I'M 100% RIGHT BACK TO BEING ALL-IN ON FRIEDMAN AMPS!!! WOOT!!!
        Last edited by Red_Label; 08-24-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I have a BE amp in a box pedal that sounds amazing, I’m jealous that you get the whole amp. It does sounds like what an amp should sound like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H
            Jerry Cantrell has probably the best heavy rock/metal sounds ever.
            i was just talking about that with some guys last night, its one of the best live guitar sounds ive heard

Comment

Glad you are digging it! Im jealous!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X