Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Input Jack?

Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue with the input jack (?) on my Blackstar Club 40. What I've noticed is that the volume starts to become distorted and the volume decreases. When I move my chord it feels a bit loose and the volume will come back. This occurs with both of my guitars and also I brought a brand new chord and it still does it. The interesting thing is that it doesn't do this when the amp has been left on standby for several minutes before playing. But will do it if I only leave it on standby for a minute when warming up. All my pedals are in the loop so the chord goes directly into the amp and it will do it on both channels. Any thought?

Re: Faulty Input Jack?

I don't have a Blackstar Amp, but it is a common issue to have an input jack come loose, especially on a pcb mounted jack.

I just replaced one on a Hartke bass Amp that actually broke into pieces once it came loose.

The questions I ask myself are:
    - how long did it take to get that way? (if it keeps happening, I'll move it off the PCB)
    - how hard is the access? (some peavey amps and a bassbreaker I had have multiple PCBs that are very fragile and connected by jumpers)
    - is it for home use or gigging?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts! I have only had the amp for less than a year and I bought it used, so I am not sure if it had been a chronic issue. The access is fairly easy as I have had the board out to upgrade the preamp tubes and I just play at home.

Comment

Originally posted by CK71 View Post
        Thanks for the thoughts! I have only had the amp for less than a year and I bought it used, so I am not sure if it had been a chronic issue. The access is fairly easy as I have had the board out to upgrade the preamp tubes and I just play at home.
        Since you're playing at home and it was originally used by someone else, you're probably fine just replacing the input jack. I desolder the old ones with solder wick before installing the new one. Full Compass has a bunch of replacement parts for amps.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds great I'll check them out!

Comment

Are you sure it's not the cord?

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
              Are you sure it's not the cord?
              Pretty sure. I bought a brand new chord and it still does it. I also used another random chord I had lying around with the same result.

Comment

Working...
              X