• Show
Clear All

• NAD: Vox AC15C2

Click image for larger version

Name:	71724491_10162454900395441_4673510638134231040_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	5852908

Wanted to try something different and decided on a Vox. The AC15C2 is an AC15 in an AC30 cabinet with 2 twelve inch Greenbacks.

Right now I'm still experimenting with sounds I can get out of it. My tuner is a Boss TU-2 with the extra output jack for bypass and I'm running cables from both those into both inputs on the amp so I can blend the channels together. I'd like to find a cool fuzz that will play nice with it and a more transparent overdrive. Maybe an EP Booster. People seem to like the Timmy and the Crowther Hot Cake, but I haven't seen too many fuzz recommendations.

The amp sounds warmer than I imagined. There is a lot of top end that you can dial out with the tone cut and the treble control. When I first played through it I thought there was way too much high end, but setting the tone cut halfway was the sweet spot. There's not a lot of headroom. It doesn't bother me because I never play 100%. On the flip side it's really dynamic even cranked up. I can hammer on the strings and it'll bark, but playing softly without even adjusting my volume knobs on the guitar will give some decent clean sounds.

Anybody else playing through a Vox? I'm curious about how well it keeps up in a live situation.
    "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Re: NAD: Vox AC15C2

I'll bet that it's loud for 15 watts.
    I'd try a clean boost or a treble boost through it. Consider a Keeley Katana.
    Nice score.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems about as loud as the Boss Katana 50 I've got. I wasn't sure what to expect from 15 watts. Years ago I had a Peavey Classic 30 combo. Thirty watts into just one twelve was pretty damned loud. But this is half the wattage and twice the speaker.

How's the Katana compare to an EP Booster or the TC Spark mini?
      "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

Congrats!

I ran this AC30CC2 for a long time. She'd take any pedal I threw at her.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
        Last edited by shupe13; 10-05-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post
          Seems about as loud as the Boss Katana 50 I've got. I wasn't sure what to expect from 15 watts. Years ago I had a Peavey Classic 30 combo. Thirty watts into just one twelve was pretty damned loud. But this is half the wattage and twice the speaker.

How's the Katana compare to an EP Booster or the TC Spark mini?
          The Vox is class A if I remember. Class A amps don't have a lot of headroom but they can really roar when you crank them.
          The Katana is a fantastic pedal. 20dbs of clean boost. Or pull the volume out and get treble boost out the yin yang. With the treble boost, you could probably do metal through that Vox.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Spark Mini is a great booster to get AC circuits singing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X