NAD free surprise amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD free surprise amp

My brother in law came up to visit today and do a touch up on my tattoo. He said he had recently been given an amp that supposedly "didn't work" that was found in the trunk of a junk car at a local shop. The bolts to attach the amp to the cab were missing, as was the power cable. He had a power cable that fit so he brought it up here today for us to try out. Other than a couple scratchy pots, everything seems to work fine.
    It's an Ibanez Soundwave 65 Bass amp. Not a high end amp by any means, but actually has some nice cleans and sounds really good with my Ovation. So for now I'll use it as an acoustic amp.

Its nice to get a free amp that sounds pretty good. Maybe this is the universe telling me I need to buy a bass. Haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-616683407.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	5854567
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Re: NAD free surprise amp

I play single coils with fuzz through my ss bass amp]. The total opposite of my typical guitar tone but cool as hell. Experiment and have some fun.

Comment

I would just look at it like, you got a decent acoustic amp for free.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing has a horn? Sweet. Definitely reiterate my first post.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a bass player as well as a guitarist. I have a little Fender 15 watt bass amp I keep in my workshop. A neighbor gave it to me. It sounds great with guitar and an overdrive pedal.

All the people that buy big tube amps and only use them clean as a pedal platform should look at small solid state bass amps. They are very clean and loud, and take pedals well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
            It sounds great with guitar and an overdrive pedal. All the people that buy big tube amps and only use them clean as a pedal platform should look at small solid state bass amps. They are very clean and loud, and take pedals well.
            My 20 watt Peavey MicroBass sounds absolutely sick with a stomp. With the right distortion, I can get some deep chuggy sounds. I paid $50 for the amp. I also have my SS Fender Bassman 100w.

Comment

Free is cool. Free that works, is even sweeter. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                I wonder what the story is behind the missing bolts.
                That could be easy to answer. I'm in the same boat. A customer brought me a $20 pawn shop Fender Frontman 212R, to be repaired. I took the chassis out to work up an estimate. That was 10 years ago. I haven't seen him, or the bolts, since.

(I think it was a Stage Lead 212.)
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 06-10-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the new amp! Free and a useful tool! Im surprised to see it has a horn in there! I often use my bass amp for acoustic as well. Ampeg with built in effects that translate well with the acou. Though its sometimes fun to blast the acoustic thru my half stack! Feedback can be murder..
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X