X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bogner vs Bugera: Discuss

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
    ** dude knows his tone!

But yeah...no underwound tranny's with Bugera (now some of those old Marshall's on the other hand ) & no plastic shafted pots + their pcb's are industry standard...

8 years & counting without a trip to the tech works for me

Hate on them all you like ...I'm enjoying mine
    Not hating Bro. Just like what i like. Im not anti-bugera, just Pro something else. Why is it whenever you don't agree with something everyone accuses you of "hate" ?
    Bugera hardly uses Merren, Heyboer or other quality transformers.
    Im sure you will be faced with the value of your amp when you go to sell it.
    Weeze all different Bro.
    Bugera threads seem to bring out the best in people just like Facebook & Politics.
    There's more to life than $300 amplifiers you should explore your world.

dissenting
    /dəˈsen(t)iNG/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    holding or expressing opinions that are at variance with those commonly or officially held.
    "there were a couple of dissenting voices"
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 07-22-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Well for someone so free from hate you've spent half the thread bashing on them

I'll probably get back all I spent on it 8 years ago (and more) if I ever choose to sell.. (but that's not going to happen )

And like I said..I'm a man of simple tastes....any $300 amp that sound's like my Bugera work's for me
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well for someone so free from hate you've spent half the thread bashing on them

I'll probably get back all I spent on it 8 years ago (and more) if I ever choose to sell.. (but that's not going to happen )

And like I said..I'm a man of simple tastes....any $300 amp that sound's like my Bugera work's for me
        So by your logic when the Supreme Court or an Attorney has a "dissenting view" on case they're "bashing" ?
        Its not my job to make you or anyone but myself happy.
        Millennials & the internet generation, how does that work ?
        I would submit you're bashing {me} because im not telling you what you want to hear which is basically extortion.

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 07-22-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Well implying an amp has underwound tranny's, plastic pots etc whnn it doesn't could be construed as bashing & that's just to start with in your last couple posts ..but w/e..I'm all about free speech..

..and I'm happy anyway (with the amp & just life in general..) so no help needed with that

The only thing I like better than great sounding $300 Chinese amp's is great sounding $150 Chinese amp's

Which is what I used here....

Well, technically its a 'tone-capture' profile of the amp made with another Chinese gizmo...but about 99% accurate ..good enough for me...

and lastly I'm probably as old of a f.art as you are..don't know where the 'millenial' thing came from

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Trolls want an argument
            Stop feeding the troll and they go away
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Well implying an amp has underwound tranny's, plastic pots etc whnn it doesn't could be construed as bashing & that's just to start with in your last couple posts ..but w/e..I'm all about free speech..

..and I'm happy anyway (with the amp & just life in general..) so no help needed with that

The only thing I like better than great sounding $300 Chinese amp's is great sounding $150 Chinese amp's

Which is what I used here....

Well, technically its a 'tone-capture' profile of the amp made with another Chinese gizmo...but about 99% accurate ..good enough for me...

and lastly I'm probably as old of a f.art as you are..don't know where the 'millenial' thing came from
              Don't take my word for it [as you obviously don't] email Bruce Egnater who has had thousands of Chinese products made. Ask him about the transformers in B-52 amps.
              Love to stay & argue the virtues of Chinese made products all day [not] but i have to go shopping for my wife. ta ta
              Last edited by JMP/HBE; 07-22-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Talking about my little 15W Goldea Rex 3200 ..not B52's. I have no idea about those...
                I've had this little guy for 9 years now. It cost me $150 to buy straight from the factory in Tianjin. PRC. Words can't describe what a ballsy amazing sounding amp it is ..not to mention built like a ****ing tank (weighing in at 13.5 kg's for a 15W head. Heavy duty is putting it mildly...)

Works perfectly...never had even the slightest problem with it, not even a scratchy pot.

Does'nt sound too shabby either

In other words...I've had great experiences with my Chinese amp's & they sound ****ing killer to me...so why should I have a problem with them?

Youtube

Comment

Hughes and Kettner inspired?

Comment

Funny thing is these were out a couple of years before the Tubemeister 18. But yeah..the blue light is about all these amp's have in common..

The factory said they were based on their version of a scaled-down Engl Savage....who knows?

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      I often confuse the amps. Educate me...
                      Confusion is right. They're completely different. Bogner is US made, original, quality designed by a genius.

Bugera is Chinese made, low quality, copies of existing amps.

I was tempted to buy a bugera then I realized the importance of quality and reliability. A friend just bought one and it has a major issue.

Bogner >> Bugera

Comment

Comment

To begin with Ace was obviously troliing...don't think he was ever that confused between the two at all, but I played along 'cuz who dos'nt like a good scrap? lol. But this thing has gone full-circle...all the.stuff that had to be said's been said & there's no more to add. Not starting from the beginning again fun though it's been

It's run it's course & boredom's kinda set in a bit now ..show's over

Youtube

Comment

Which brings us to this..

Another fine offering from the PRC that I have my eye on

Youtube

Comment

not feelin it Bro ...

Comment

Well i am...

How about a little 15W Sunn clone?

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X