Tweak Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak Fuzz

I want one but I've heard of the simple problem that even with the volume all the way up, it still doesn't match the volume when its bypassed. Is it true?
    Fender USA Strat
    Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
    Retroman Sybil Fuzz
    Zendrive

Re: Tweak Fuzz

I definately do not find this. In fact, I keep the volume at about 9 o'clock to avoid the farting/spurting fuzz sound that happens at full volume.

On this topic, if the TF was $300 I'd be a little disappointed in "tweak-ability" but it's a great pedal for $99.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside
      I definately do not find this. In fact, I keep the volume at about 9 o'clock to avoid the farting/spurting fuzz sound that happens at full volume.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

So I should go for it? What are the 6 tweak tones like?
        Fender USA Strat
        Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
        Retroman Sybil Fuzz
        Zendrive

Comment

If I recall correctly, the Tweak Fuzz is like a Fuzz Face with 6 different input caps. From bright and fizzy to thick and fuzzy. I think it's a great fuzz pedal for $99 and you should get it. Don't expect 6 different sounds, more like a very usable tone control. (You know how you usually find the tone control's sweet spot and never move it? On this you can use all 6 positions, some are very musical, others are good for effects or for that overdubbed guitar that can thicken the recorded tone)
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

At one point I owned about a dozen real fuzz tones...I now have 2, and the Tweak Fuzz is one of them...it is a great unit!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hey Guys,
              Just got a Tweak Fuzz and I guess I was expecting something different. More so from watching the demo video. Blues Saraceno made it look/sound less "fuzzy" and more versatile, more of a basic distortion pedal I guess. Not so though, huh? Unless my battery is dying or my unit is defective this thing is obviously geared at just doing fuzz. Don't know if I'll keep it. Just too fuzzy for my needs.
              Last edited by davey boy; 12-22-2005, 11:00 AM.
              Dave
              www.recordla.com
              Professional music producer for the singer/songwriter or band. 4 room facility in Los Angeles

Comment

Where in the word fuzz did you loose it?
                Fuzz is not distortion, and fuzz's needs to be played in a whole different way, it is not just plug and play with stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                  Where in the word fuzz did you loose it?
                  Fuzz is not distortion, and fuzz's needs to be played in a whole different way, it is not just plug and play with stuff like that.

tweak FUZZ!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by davey boy
                    Hey Guys,
                    Just got a Tweak Fuzz and I guess I was expecting something different. More so from watching the demo video. Blues Saraceno made it look/sound less "fuzzy" and more versatile, more of a basic distortion pedal I guess. Not so though, huh? Unless my battery is dying or my unit is defective this thing is obviously geared at just doing fuzz. Don't know if I'll keep it. Just too fuzzy for my needs.
                    Before you return it, try a brand new alkaline in it. Also, what guitar/pickup/amp are you using it with and what other effects?
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well use your volume and tone controls, really get around.
                      Lots of hidden stuff there.

Comment

Working...
                      X