Ruh-Roh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruh-Roh

I don't hang out much in this room unless I'm starting to feel that itch again. You know what I mean, that itch that says that I really need something new to scratch it...

Please talk me out of a Mesa Lonestar. I haven't played through one, but I have this feeling that I will in the very near future. I'm very partial to Mesa stuff and I may not be able to stop myself. I'm starting to get this feeling that my Rectoverb is gonna be on the auction block soon.

Help! Either talk me into it or talk me out of it.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Re: Ruh-Roh

Don't do it man!

Get a Maverick instead.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

First of all, why are you eyeing it? What are you unhappy with about the Recto (assuming that if you were totally happy, you wouldn't consider selling)?
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

yeah, be careful there, friend ... i am detecting as MAJOR "love it or hate it" reaction to the lonestar series .. yet i've not heard many folks complain about the rectoverb ... if you can outline what you are not diggin' about the rectoverb, folks might be able to help dial you in ... but i tested a lonestar 2x12 combo with an R8 and was underwhelmed, especially for that kinda scratch ... i was hoping to try a lonestar special, but havent gotten a chance to yet ...

good luck
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

the lonestar is ok, but i really liked the special. not the loudest thing around but plenty good for clubs. the 15w setting is really nice on the clean option of the drive channel. i was using my aps/aps/twangbanger loaded hamer

Comment

Yeah I'd day if ya play a LoneStar you gotta 50-50 chance of walking out of there with no loss of funds.

But if ya play the LoneStar Special, I'd say your odds will drop substantially

Seriously! That's a neat little amp.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              Yeah I'd day if ya play.....
              Apparently I reverted to "buckwheat mode" there for a second
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Aren't you still unemployed?

(There, does that help?)
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Aren't you still unemployed?

(There, does that help?)
                  Well, it's complicated. Yes and no.
                  Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

i'll help...i'll give ya $50 bucks for the Rectoverb!
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                      i'll help...i'll give ya $50 bucks for the Rectoverb!
                      I'll give you $100!
                      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                      • G&L Tribute Comanche
                      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
                      X