Crazy idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy idea

i keep hearing about all these poroblems with amps overheating and got this crazy idea
    why not make something similar to the liquid-cooling system in high-performance pcs.
    might help cooling a lot better
    Originally posted by zerberus
    doesn't feel right...llike an ESP......it's good and all, but somehoew it still sucks
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Itīs much better to have an open mind and a closed fist, instead
    My MySpace Account

Re: Crazy idea

Because they just don't work the same way, it's not possible. Computers have components with cores the generate heat in a specific spot then are wicked away by heat sinks and either cooled by liquid or a fan. We're talking about solid state circuitry that generates heat due to processing load. There's not really anything in an amp you can put a heat sink on to wick away heat. At least not in a tube amp. Plus I don't know many people that would want liquid running through their amp. Or having a to run like a fish tank pump. lol. Liquid cooling systems for computers are also completely unnecessary and most people don't realize you have to have a water pump and cooling tower outside the case in most examples for it to function.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
      Because they just don't work the same way, it's not possible. Computers have components with cores the generate heat in a specific spot then are wicked away by heat sinks and either cooled by liquid or a fan. We're talking about solid state circuitry that generates heat due to processing load. There's not really anything in an amp you can put a heat sink on to wick away heat. At least not in a tube amp. Plus I don't know many people that would want liquid running through their amp. Or having a to run like a fish tank pump. lol. Liquid cooling systems for computers are also completely unnecessary and most people don't realize you have to have a water pump and cooling tower outside the case in most examples for it to function.
      My brother's got a liquid cooling system on his computer, and the thing is DEAD silent (that's why he got it). Of course, he does have a pair of cooling-heat-sink-water-tanks strapped to the side of it. But I agree - a liquid cooling system on an amp wouldn't really be a good idea.

Comment

Damn guess i have to go to plan B (incased in freezer with hole cut out for sound)
        Originally posted by zerberus
        doesn't feel right...llike an ESP......it's good and all, but somehoew it still sucks
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Itīs much better to have an open mind and a closed fist, instead
        My MySpace Account

Comment

You could always just put in some fans, in a head you definetely wouldn't hear them like if you had two 92mm fans in there.

Comment

Working...
          X