Need opinions: Peavey Classic 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions: Peavey Classic 20

Looking for a smaller tube amp to get those vintage tones - Cream, ZZ Top, Led Zep et al. I was going to get a CLassic 30 but I think it's too big for my purposes m(playing in an apartment). How is the 20? I'm concerned about how loud you have to play to get a dirty tone. If you have to crank this like a Fender tube in order to dirty things up, I'll go in another direction.

J
    --------------------------------
    Gibson '57 Historic Les Paul
    Traynor Blue YCV50
    Peavey Classic 20 (FOR SALE)

"Say hello to my lil' friend!!!!!!!!"

Re: Need opinions: Peavey Classic 20

Hey... I have the Classic 30 and i do not likes dirt channel unless i have the volume up nice and loud.. I do often use it as a clean amp with pedals for practices..... But they do sound much better loud....

WhoFan

Comment

Until you get to down to less than 5 watts, you're not looking at "bedroom level" pure tube overdrive without having the neighbors complaining.
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

The Classic 20 is a great little amp, but you may struggle to max it out at bedroom level. Even Carvin's small combo is pretty loud on the 5W setting.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

The Classic 20 has a fairly early breakup and would be much closer to what your wanting than the Classic 30. However, watt-wise, maybe a Dr. Z Mini Z?
          Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
          www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Working...
          X