Reverend to quit making amps!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend to quit making amps!!!

I stopped by the Reverend site today and was quite surprised to learn that they are no longer producing amps. I had a Hellhound for a while and it was a great little amp! Below is a note from Joe Naylor that I got off of the site:

"Reverend is leaving the amp business to focus solely on guitars. Very soon we are launching an import series of more affordable, high performance guitars (we will continue making the USA series). We do not have the financial and personnel resources to maintain both the amps and new guitar line. We feel Reverend has more to offer in the guitar world, and that our image as an all-guitar company will be more focused. Thanks for your continued support and understanding."

I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: Reverend to quit making amps!!!

Yes, the HellHound is a very nice amp. It is very versatile. I can get a lot great tones from it. It's too bad that they are quitting the amp building business. They were truly the Budget Musician's best friend. New amps for a good price. I guess it demonstrates how dog eat dog the amp business is.
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Buy one now...prices are gonna skyrocket...

Guitar player 1: "this USED to be a great value amp with great tone...They had boutique sounds at 1/2 the cost!....they don't make em anymore..."

GP 2: "cool....how much did ya pay for it?"

GP 1 : "uhm.....about 3 times what they sold for new....:gulp : "

GP 2: " so, you basically could have bought a different boutique amp for less........"

GP 1 " I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????"

neat amps...too bad they couldn't stay afloat.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That's a real shame that it's a financial decision, because the amp world needs guys like Joe Naylor. The 90's Naylor amps are legendary.........man, I'd love to get my hands on a Naylor Super-Drive 60 head/2-12 cab in black......or even better...this one!
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X