Dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dilemma...

Perhaps your Classic 50 only needs a speaker change to make it speak the way you want?
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Know what, I don't think I'm going to get rid of this thing, the clean channel is about the most transparent clean channel I've ever heard. Its like bypassing the preamp and going straight to the poweramp.

I'm starting to have the feeling that a reactor wouldn't be different enough to warrent the money.

The open back cab is starting to grow on me too, because I'm not a huge fan of big bottom tones. (And I actually like the speaker's EQ, that are currently in it, so I doubt i'll change them)

Running a pedal into the clean channel seems to be making the life or death difference. So with that, I might talk to John and see what he recomends I buy at the swap meet to have him mod, for a more soldano like tone. Currently I've got a hot rodded pexi tone with this jackhammer, it sounds badass for rythm, think early evh but a tad more modern sounding because of the EMG pickups.

I'm also going to pickup a boss NS-2.

I'm really starting to think about keeping this thing after discovering how (pedal-->clean channel) sounds.

Thanks for the suggestions, my amp maybe staying home because of them!

And no, I'm not currently gigging, I live to far out in the country to even talk with other people who play. The internet is my only ticket to the outside world unless I wana spend about $30 on gas.

Ok... John just recomended a BSIAB2, I just listened to the soundclips and about fell out of my chair.
      Yep, my amp is staying home now, if a BSIAB2 can make a fender twin sound like that, I'm sure it'll do wonders on my classic!

Thanks John!
      Last edited by Mephis; 09-26-2005, 03:38 PM.
      Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Originally posted by Mephis
        Hahahaha, I about fell out of my chair when I read this.

I just discovered how ****ed over sounding the lead channel is on the classic, it totaly ruins the tonal quality of the pedals, and makes it hard to pull much gain.

But cranking the cleans and maxing the pedal out does wonders, still, my JH-1 isn't pouring enough coal to it. WE NEED MORE POWER SCOTTY!

Btw, I'll get another amp before I'll spend $225 on a pedal, because It'd be cheaper to sell my amp and get somethin else.
        The Bulldog will definitely give you enough hair and boost.

225 sounds expensive to me. I can get one for about 180 brand new, and I know discounts are much higher in the States than here. I'd suggest waiting until they pop up secondhand. Until then, check one out at a local shop.

I still think you have a perfectly good amp in the C50 and just need to learn how to work it properly. I know that if you gave me the choice of a valvetronix and a C50 and told me to go after the EVH sound, I'd choose the C50 and a decent pedal hands down.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Keep the Classic 50! They are great amps. Try some distortion pedals until you find one you like. I've been through them all and have settled on Rocktrons Rampage for the past 4 years!
          Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
            The Bulldog will definitely give you enough hair and boost.

225 sounds expensive to me. I can get one for about 180 brand new, and I know discounts are much higher in the States than here. I'd suggest waiting until they pop up secondhand. Until then, check one out at a local shop.

I still think you have a perfectly good amp in the C50 and just need to learn how to work it properly. I know that if you gave me the choice of a valvetronix and a C50 and told me to go after the EVH sound, I'd choose the C50 and a decent pedal hands down.

And this is why John recomended me a BSIAB2.

One of the clips is someone playing unchained, well, I compaired it with the actuall song, AND IT SOUNDS BETTER.

So yea, I'm 100% sold.
            Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Working...
            X