• Show
Clear All

• JeffB
    replied
    Re: Marshall DSL 201

Originally posted by wixedmords
    um..I agree.

We would miss that Firebird avatar.
    Heh..I really need to get a better pic up there...I shot those the day I got her...wish I didn't have such a crappy digital Maybe after I get the 57 classics in I'll see what I can do

Leave a comment:

• wixedmords
    replied

Originally posted by JeffB
    No worries..this is my cyberspace guitar "home"....good bunch of folks here...lotsa good insight and knowledge...don't always agree with everyone (nor them with me), but what family DOES agree on everything
    um..I agree.

We would miss that Firebird avatar.

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

Your welcome...

But come back here.. don't want to loose forumites.
    No worries..this is my cyberspace guitar "home"....good bunch of folks here...lotsa good insight and knowledge...don't always agree with everyone (nor them with me), but what family DOES agree on everything

Leave a comment:

• wixedmords
    replied

Thanks for those links!
    Your welcome...

But come back here.. don't want to loose forumites.

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

Oh boy, don't do that, way too much "new amp syndrome" and "I hate this company" syndrome.

Try asking at http://www.marshallampforum.com/forum or www.marshall-law.cjb.net.

Both specialize in Marshall's.
    Yeah I've learned to navigate my way through Harmony Central reviews and forums..I used to write technical reviews in another industry, and so I ignore all but a rare few well written ones...

Thanks for those links!

Leave a comment:

• wixedmords
    replied

Thank you..some valuable info nonetheless...reckon I'll have to sift through the BS reviews over at Harmony Central

Oh boy, don't do that, way too much "new amp syndrome" and "I hate this company" syndrome.

Try asking at http://www.marshallampforum.com/forum or www.marshall-law.cjb.net.

Both specialize in Marshall's.

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

Jeff, I wish I had more information for you, but I only know of the heat issues with the 401's. They fixed the 401 in 03' though, something about changing the PT.
    My guess is that you would need to check the 201 for cold solder joints and put a fan in it, due to heat issues, as early 401 needed. But, this isn't a blanket statement. Many 401's ran fine.
    Thank you..some valuable info nonetheless...reckon I'll have to sift through the BS reviews over at Harmony Central

Leave a comment:

• wixedmords
    replied

Jeff, I wish I had more information for you, but I only know of the heat issues with the 401's. They fixed the 401 in 03' though, something about changing the PT.
    My guess is that you would need to check the 201 for cold solder joints and put a fan in it, due to heat issues, as early 401 needed. But, this isn't a blanket statement. Many 401's ran fine.

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

Bumpity Bump Bump, Bumpity Bump Bump, look at Jeffy go...

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

I'd run her into a closed back 1x12 or 2x12 if that makes any difference...

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    started a topic Marshall DSL 201

Marshall DSL 201

These are discontinued...rumor has it that she's good little amp..better tone than the 40 watter, and more reliable.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Working...
X