ring modulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ring modulator

Somebody turn me on to a "good" ring modulator. Before somebody says it...yes, I know that they all sound like sh!t but I still need to get one so, somebody tell me something.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: ring modulator

HA HA! This makes me laugh. How do you define a "good" one? By how bad it makes your guitar sound?

Seriously though, I think most people would agree with me if I said the Lovetone Meatball is just about the most musical Ring Modulator. It's the only one I think I'd ever consider buying. But it sure costs a lot. I'm not sure how much exactly but all Lovetone stuff, as I'm sure you know, is very expensive.

Yeah, Lovetone Meatball.
    Guitars:
    Epi LP (SH-11b + SH-55n)
    Danelectro U2 '56 Reissue
    Yamaha APX5LA
    Pedals:
    MXR Super Comp, HBE Power Screamer, Toadworks Death Rattle, Carl Martin Crunch Drive, Boss CE-2, Marshall Ed The Compressor, Marshall Drivemaster, Arion EQ, Bespeco Volume Pedal
    Amps:
    Fender Prosonic combo
    Marshall JTM60 combo

Comment

The one on the BOss ME 50 is the only one I have liked. Very 3D, tracks very well and has a fatness to it. The expression pedal works beautifully with it. Really great with guitar, one of the reasons I got the ME-50. Did not like the Line 6 for live use, just scratchy and thin with very poor note response. The EH filter thingy also was pretty bad.
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Sorry bro...the Lovetone Meatball is an envelope follower/envelope filter NOT a ring modulator...the Lovetone ring mod is called a Ring Stinger. And something like that is out of the question...when Lovetone was still in production Vlad tried to sell me a Ring Stinger and then it was 4 or 5 hundred bones...the last one I saw was on Ebay an sold for over $700!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Sorry bro...the Lovetone Meatball is an envelope follower/envelope filter NOT a ring modulator...the Lovetone ring mod is called a Ring Stinger. And something like that is out of the question...when Lovetone was still in production Vlad tried to sell me a Ring Stinger and then it was 4 or 5 hundred bones...the last one I saw was on Ebay an sold for over $700!
          I know what you're saying about the Meatball, but I'd still call it a Ring Modulator. At least half of it anyway. I think the intention in building was to create a one-stop shop for all weirdo effects and sounds. So it can do a lot of the filtering stuff as well as the Ring sounds.
          Guitars:
          Epi LP (SH-11b + SH-55n)
          Yamaha APX5LA
          Pedals:
          MXR Super Comp, HBE Power Screamer, Toadworks Death Rattle, Carl Martin Crunch Drive, Boss CE-2, Marshall Ed The Compressor, Marshall Drivemaster, Arion EQ, Bespeco Volume Pedal
          Amps:
          Fender Prosonic combo
          Marshall JTM60 combo

Comment

I just went to check out a book I've got that has an interview with Dan Coggins.

I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. Dan says it's not really a Ring Modulator so I can't argue with him.

I think Maestro made a Ring Modulator though that was pretty popular, the Ringleader? I bet you'd have a hard time finding one though.
            Guitars:
            Epi LP (SH-11b + SH-55n)
            Yamaha APX5LA
            Pedals:
            Amps:
            Fender Prosonic combo
            Marshall JTM60 combo

Comment

The Mooger Fooger one is awesome, never heard such wierd sounds from a guitar. That thing gets two thumbs up from me.
              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Try here. I think this may be close. http://www.lynx.bc.ca/~jc/pedalsGreenRinger.html
                Originally posted by tone4days
                we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

The Moog clips sound sweet. I want one but can't justify the price.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think Electro Harmonix just came out with one, you might want to check it out. It had some nice clips on the DVD they send to stores.
                    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

There's always the DOD Gonkulator... Mike Einzinger has one on his board, but then again what doesnt that guy have.
                      7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

The DOD Gonkulator and Buzz Box are 2 units I almost bought zseveral times when they first came out but they are both so sick sounding I figured I'd never find a real use for ewither s I passed on both of them several times...now they both sell for crazy amounts of money on Ebay...makes me sick!

Comment

Working...
                        X