vox valvetronix 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox valvetronix 30

do they make 30W heads too? or just combos?

i am in the process of making my own 2x12 and i dont need a speaker (plus the one in the 30W i saw on sale for 450 here today just has a 10" speaker ( i think it was the 30W combo)
    not a bad price for it around these parts)

soo.. do they make heads, or are only the 120W ones head versions

Re: vox valvetronix 30

just the combo in the 15/30/50/100..

The 15/30 doesn't have an external speaker jack. Only the 50/100 have a speaker out in the "cheap" Valvetronix line.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

just checked around the net..

only 60 and 120W heads.. now if i can find out how much they go for here, i might consider em.

i need a better amp than this.. and i need more variety, i thought of getting a valve amp and then chug a j station or pod in front, but that would cost me more than a new vlvetronix 30.. and converting that into a head wouldn't that good either...

(i am not vorried about it not having a speaker out.. i can just disconnect the speaker and use that as a speaker out, just have to make sure it's rated 8 ohm)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
        just checked around the net..

only 60 and 120W heads.. now if i can find out how much they go for here, i might consider em.

i need a better amp than this.. and i need more variety, i thought of getting a valve amp and then chug a j station or pod in front, but that would cost me more than a new vlvetronix 30.. and converting that into a head wouldn't that good either...

(i am not vorried about it not having a speaker out.. i can just disconnect the speaker and use that as a speaker out, just have to make sure it's rated 8 ohm)
        Welp, I sold my Vox. POdXT Live is a bazillion times better (maybe 2 bazillion). I've got a Atomic on order for it.

The Voxes are really good amps overall, but the models I need the most (UK60s,UK70s,UK80's...marshalls) are the worst simulations in the whole amp

Line6 models the 800 and JTM45 considerably better. Plexi is a bit worse than the Vox (its tooooo thin!). Soldano on the Vox is pretty good and probably the best high gain model on the VOX, but I still think the line6 version has it beat.

If you are looking for higher gain amp models Davey, I'm not sure I'd go with the Vox.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

thing is.. the podXT live or the pod XT costs more than the valvetronix 30 combo .. i realy cant afford it.. and i'd need a power amp for it too

i'm looking for a good amp. for ultra high gain i can slap in a pedal in front, no biggie. i just need something that will cover a vide wariety of sounds, is dynamic and sounds ok

Comment

Maybe you should try the Tech 21, 30 or 60 watter. No effects, but nice modeling. I own a 30 watt valvetronix and I like it. I have since played a Tech 21 TM 60 and wish I would have waited and got it instead because I don't use the effects on the Vox much anyway. I can't say for sure, but the Tech's are analog modelling rather than digital, maybe why it sounded a little better to me. I'm not running down the Vox, I own one, but those Tech 21's are very good to my still untrained ears.
            Gibson LP Traditional Plus - 57 classics
            Gibson LP Studio - Suhr Aldrich/490r
            Fender American Tele
            Epi 57 LP Jr. reissue - SD SP90-2
            Vox VT 60
            Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Trust me on this. Just keep searching Ebay and the used market for a Vox 60 or 120 head. You can use them like you would a POD or Tonelab, and they've got plenty of power. I use the AD 60 head/2-12 at home, and it's loud enough to rehearse with a drummer, however I think you should get the 120. You'll have stereo recording outs, and it's just as loud as a Vetta head. Since it has the variable wattage selector on the back, you can use it in your bedroom, unlike a tube halfstack. The tone they produce isn't cheap sounding, if you know which models to use, and how to dial it in.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Trust me on this. Just keep searching Ebay and the used market for a Vox 60 or 120 head. You can use them like you would a POD or Tonelab, and they've got plenty of power. I use the AD 60 head/2-12 at home, and it's loud enough to rehearse with a drummer, however I think you should get the 120. You'll have stereo recording outs, and it's just as loud as a Vetta head. Since it has the variable wattage selector on the back, you can use it in your bedroom, unlike a tube halfstack. The tone they produce isn't cheap sounding, if you know which models to use, and how to dial it in.
                I'll backup what GJ has told you....My only gripes with my own VTX 120 head is that I feel the British(Marshall) copies of the "Plexi" JCM 800 and 900 models are wrong in the mids...I use an EQ to dial the mids better,but prefer some good overdrive or distortion pedals in front instead...
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

too pricy the 120W head is. =(

Comment

Find the money. Actually, I bought the AD60 head new at Sam Ash for $420 out the door by grinding the salesman. I see them on Ebay for $350. The AD120 should be able to be bought used for $450. If you want a head that does obscene amounts of metal gain at all volume levels, the Vox head is where it's at. You won't need any OD pedal, unless you want to find different shades of gain, like Stratdeluxer pointed out.
                    It's already got plenty on tap by itself.

Comment

joe, i cant buy on ebay... europe maybe, but we dont get such deals cos there arent that many on sale.
                      i tried working the salesman.. tougher than a rock. i think it'd be easier to steal the amp than get it cheaper (the 120W head is 850$ .. which is stupid, even if it is not made in england, it is an english company) apart of that, the lead time on the 60W head is 3 months and they dont have the price list (which leads me to believe they 'made up' the price of the amp)

besides, the minimum i'd be looking at with the 60W head is around 700$ i dont have that kind of money at my disposal.. i can barely scratch 400 together .. if that ... and if i wanted to get that, i'd have to sell my amp, the small amp and the distortion box (which are all on auction and i relist them each week, but i cannot go lower than my curent price. the pedal and little amp are a steal anyway. the crate is at the same price they go for around here. 200$ .. and so if i sell em all together i get 300 MAX i can shell out a benji, but cant go over that
                      Last edited by Davey; 10-06-2005, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The VTH head is SO much better than the little combos! I had a 15 watt, took it back... tried a 30 watt took it back... got a 60 watt head for $305 to my door, it is worlds better. The extra effects, the pedal section, and then you are using (assumably) a good cab and speakers, not what you get with the little combos.

I did an Ebay UK search and there is a VTH 60 in Germany (an Ebay store) for 322 Euros (under $400 US)? Guess it is an auction after all, but might be worth watching?
                        Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 10-07-2005, 08:03 AM.
                        Wankologist
                        Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCrunch
                          The VTX head is SO much better than the little combos! I had a 15 watt, took it back... tried a 30 watt took it back... got a 60 watt head for $305 to my door, it is worlds better. The extra effects, the pedal section, and then you are using (assumably) a good cab and speakers, not what you get with the little combos.

I did an Ebay UK search and there is a VTH 60 in Germany (an Ebay store) for 322 Euros (under $400 US)? Guess it is an auction after all, but might be worth watching?
                          found that one too, but i dont have any money at the moment.. have to wait till i sell the stuff i got at home, then i can make my move.

that auction has a day more to go and has already got 9 bids. it will go over 400 once it's done

Comment

I thought you were in the States. I guess the best thing to do is just wait, sell the stuff, and jump on the first Vox head you find. I had the idea that they were cheap and abundant in Europe. I always had the impression that used Marshalls and Vox's were a dime a dozen in the UK. I guess not.

Comment

i'm not in the UK either...

and the stores stick to the MSRP like dirt to pigs... even though the vox is a UK company.. along with mashalls..

i swear, you can get a marshall 1960 cab for cheaper new over there than here

****wads

i guess patience is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X