Opinions on the Ampeg J12T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Ampeg J12T?

Any experiences....good, bad, indifferent?

Re: Opinions on the Ampeg J12T?

Which Jet...New or old?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

This would ba a new one.

Comment

I like 'em. All the reissue Ampeg stuff is great. I particularly like the earlier EL34 reverberocket ris. The Jets (not sure exactly what models) I've played through sound great, though. Not as cool as my friend's 60s reverberocket, but pretty close.

If I lived in the ststes, the first thing I'd search out is an old ampeg combo. They can still be had for great prices.
        Last edited by Hot _Grits; 10-16-2005, 03:18 PM.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I have very little time with the new stuff...I know that the ones I have looked at have little in common with thier older namesakes.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            I have very little time with the new stuff...I know that the ones I have looked at have little in common with thier older namesakes.
            True. My friend's 60s reverberocket is a VERY different amp compared to his Reverberocket 'ri'. About the only thing they share is cosmetics. Both are great amps in their own way, though.
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

The Reverberocket was the one I went and looked at. It was when they first came out...I was expecting a reissue Reverberocket and I got there and it was a completely differetn amp that kind of looked like an old one. I dig the older Ampegs but haven't spent lots if time with the new stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X