Introducing the Celtic Edana 45!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Celtic Edana 45!

Edana, she just wanted to stop in and say hi...

================================================== =

The Edana 45

Edana means Fiery! 45 watts of Fiery!

The Edana 45 is our take on the venerable Jay Tee Mmm 45. 2 x EL34 power tubes push this head into a wonderful distortion that brings back some classic British tones of hte 60's. The front has 4 inputs, (two per channel), normal volume, bright volume, treble, mid and bass controls and a presence knob to get that perfect amount of sparkle. Power and Standby are on the front as well. The back features dual speaker outputs, impedance selector knob, 2 fuses and an IEC power connector socket. KT66 offered as well.

$850 Head (controls on front), $1100 as a 2x12 Combo (controls on top)

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Introducing the Celtic Edana 45!

Pics or clips anytime soon? I want!!!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

So you found a name, haha awesome, I like it! The first ones gonna have KT66s though I can't wait till its done.. Speaking of which, have you gotten mine into the testing phase yet, or still waiting on transistors?
      Last edited by Armotron; 10-24-2005, 03:41 PM.
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

Sounds cool, and about half as expensive as I'd expect for a hand built amp from someone with your reputation. You should make snakeskin tolex a standard option with this one.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Believe it or not, I started on drums. Then I decided to become a musician.

Comment

Very Cool !! I was thinking about building a JTM in one of them Marsh Princeton chasis's. (That's how demented I am ) I took some measurments from my Cousin's JTM and compaired it to my Princeton. The PT looked like it would fit,But the OT would need to be relocated in a creative way. I think it could be doable? Why?..... I have no reasonable explaination.
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Sounds cool, but almost more like a 50W plexi than a JTM 45, if it has EL-34's.
            Can't wait to see some pics of it.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Armotron
              So you found a name, haha awesome, I like it! The first ones gonna have KT66s though I can't wait till its done.. Speaking of which, have you gotten mine into the testing phase yet, or still waiting on transistors?
              I just sent you an email a minute ago. I've been playing her all night tonight. The Chinese KT66 fit with just a hair of space between one of them and the oversized Output Transformer I'm using. Groove Tube KT66HP do not fit.

I also tried it with EL34's and while I love the tone with both kinds of tubes, I definitely think the EL34's give it more fire.

Time for a few days of torture testing. One thing I discovered today is that while you can use either type of power tube, I have to change the bias resistor so that the 10KL bias pot has the right range.

Also, the impedance of the OT is cut in half when you use EL34's. So, the amp will leave here either set up for one kind of tube or the other.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Sounds cool, but almost more like a 50W plexi than a JTM 45, if it has EL-34's.
                Can't wait to see some pics of it.
                The Plexi uses the solid state rectifier set up. I prefer the 5AR4. I could also use the weber copper cap in there to give it more of a plexi tone.

But, you are correct, the circuits are really really close to each other.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Pics and clips, brutha. We need 'em.
                  Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

sounds cool?!
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Well, Rodney Gene has a professional studio in Austin. The only constraint on that is time. With football season here and my son's team already assured a playoff spot, it might be several more weeks before I can do anything professionally.

I will try to post some clips before I send Armotron his new amp.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Sir, i must inform you, that you are breaking forum policy, by making a thread about gear, without pictures.

You have 20 seconds to comply.

Comment

This amp def has my interest.....can't wait for some clips...
                          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I'm working on two hot rod switchable mods tonight. If they work like I think, then Armotron and Puckboy are going to be very happy with me.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                              Sir, i must inform you, that you are breaking forum policy, by making a thread about gear, without pictures.

You have 20 seconds to comply.
                              It's been more than 20 seconds. Release the hounds!

Comment

Working...
                              X