i think my valvetronix head just died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i think my valvetronix head just died

Call me crazy or lucky? I'm gigging with a Cyber Twin since 2001 that I bought new...And now I'm doing the same with the Vox VTX 120 head...I use surge protection and baby my stuff.So far so good...Fingers crossed! ;o)
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

i thought that it might be my guitar but a buddy of mine brought one of his by and still nothing he even brought a little 1x12 combo and we tested my cables all of them worked fine. i talked to a few dealers and repair shops today mine was one of the first 200 heads made and they told me that the first batch ended up with alot of problems with the boards getting fried. i got the amp used from a store so it didn't come with a warranty. from the way they talked i would come out alot cheaper buying another amp. i have checked out a few already i don't have much money so for now i have to go with a cheap fix. does anyone know about the LANEY TF 700 II i think i have the model right i saw some on ebay and they were only $300 new. its solid state with a single preamp tube in it.

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon
        i thought that it might be my guitar but a buddy of mine brought one of his by and still nothing he even brought a little 1x12 combo and we tested my cables all of them worked fine. i talked to a few dealers and repair shops today mine was one of the first 200 heads made and they told me that the first batch ended up with alot of problems with the boards getting fried. i got the amp used from a store so it didn't come with a warranty. from the way they talked i would come out alot cheaper buying another amp. i have checked out a few already i don't have much money so for now i have to go with a cheap fix. does anyone know about the LANEY TF 700 II i think i have the model right i saw some on ebay and they were only $300 new. its solid state with a single preamp tube in it.
        Man that really sucks! The VTX series I have has been great.
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Open it up and tripple check that the problem isn't the input jack on the amp. That seems to be the most common problem with the VTs, and as someone arleady said, the sypmtoms would be similar to what you're experiencing.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Believe it or not, I started on drums. Then I decided to become a musician.

Comment

Working...
          X