Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ways to get more reverb?

Originally posted by rraawwrr

Rob - I think it's also curious that the solo boost function is not a fixed level boost, but seems to vary according to the Output level.
    Look at it this way- the Solo level turned all of the way down is no boost in output. The more that you turn it up, the more that it boosts the level from where the Ouput is set. There is obviously a limit to the amount of boost, dependent upon how high you have the Output (if you have it wide open, that's as loud as the amp gets and there's nothing left to boost), but you get the idea. It's cool in that you can get a nice footswitchable volume spike for a solo if/when you need it.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

To sum all of this up, with Boogie, you need to understand that every control reacts differently based on the level of the controls that came before it in the signal chain. It makes it more challenging to find an exact tone, but it also results in greater tonal versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
        To sum all of this up, with Boogie, you need to understand that every control reacts differently based on the level of the controls that came before it in the signal chain. It makes it more challenging to find an exact tone, but it also results in greater tonal versatility.
        That makes sense and also explains the reverb issue that started this thread. Here I was thinking Mesa had the Crate reverb syndrome (little tanks with little reverb). Now I see that it all has to do with how the dials are set.

Like I said, this is why I love my Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
          That makes sense and also explains the reverb issue that started this thread. Here I was thinking Mesa had the Crate reverb syndrome (little tanks with little reverb). Now I see that it all has to do with how the dials are set.

Like I said, this is why I love my Marshall.
          But can the Marshall Boogie?
          woooooo

Comment

Originally posted by rraawwrr
            But can the Marshall Boogie?
            Mine can.

Comment

Personally, I was just mesmerized by the fact that both of you used the rolling smiley, and they're sync'ed up. Look at Eric's last post and you'll see what I mean. You have to do that "Magic Eye" thing where you diverge focus to see both of them at the same time. (Man... am I bored or what? lol)

Comment

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                Personally, I was just mesmerized by the fact that both of you used the rolling smiley, and they're sync'ed up. Look at Eric's last post and you'll see what I mean. You have to do that "Magic Eye" thing where you diverge focus to see both of them at the same time. (Man... am I bored or what? lol)
                lol. I think it might be your bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                X