Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pic's of Armotron's new Edana 45

Originally posted by Stratman
    You missed my point, which is that I am a great fan of KT-66 tubes, expecially in the early bluesbreaker type JTM-45 circuits.

When do you want clips made?

Yep, I often miss points.

Hopefully I'll need to ship Puckboy's next weekend and that might be a great time to do it. Thanks for the offer.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Scott, if you wanna use it to make clips, I'm in no hurry.....Jeff isn't done with the headbox, so..............feel free!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Scott. You are a VERY evil man, damned gas.... By the way Armotron huge congrats on his one man.... Your mom is gonna love Scott.
        Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
        Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
          Yep, I often miss points.

Hopefully I'll need to ship Puckboy's next weekend and that might be a great time to do it. Thanks for the offer.
          Possible on Friday or Saturday

Let me know
          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

So what would the cost of a JTM-45 head with super-lead style inputs and outputs be? KT-66 tubes. PM me if you would sir. I've ordered some parts for my car and might be out of debt within a reasonable timeframe.

Comment

I'd love to be able to. I'll have to ask you to trust me when I say this (and some of you will), the cost of the parts that go into these are pretty high, especially the US-made transformers and the US-made cabinets. It would probably suprise you to know that the power and standby switches on this amp cost about $5 each. I won't get into other high cost, high reliablitiy small items as you can look them up on the net.

I'm not complaining, cuz I love this stuff. Just pointing out that it is impossible for one guy to build low budget stuff by hand. THe only way you can crank out a low budget amp is to mass produce them on circuit boards and hire sweatshop labor to put it all together. The transformers I use cost more than a lot of the budget amps out there. But, that's where the biggest tone difference lies... transformers.

Take a look at the amp kits that Weber sells. Chinese parts whereever possible it seems. It's great bang for the buck if you put it together yourself, but if you hired someone to build it for you for say $200-250, now you're up near what I am charging for this Edana head! Take that one step further. I'm going to warranty my stuff for 2 years. There's a potentially huge hidden cost involved there as well. Lots of factors to consider if you really put it all down on paper some time.

My goal is to keep it in the $1000 or less price range for heads. If I can do that and make a little money in the process, it's worth it. I really love it. If it gets to be too much of headache, I'll either raise prices or I'll stop doing it and properly finish out the warranties of the ones I've already sold.

I'm pretty good at starting successful businesses. This will hopefully be my third.
              Scott, It's Awesome ! You can make these amps for this price. I don't see much of a profit margin on your end. I was planning on building a JTM clone a few months ago. For me to build it myself to my specs was $800+. Your specs and Build are much better than what i could have done and in a much neater ,Cooler package. The Weber kit is real cheap, But I don't like his design. If I did one of his JTM clones to my specs...I'd have a lot of spare parts and be back over the $800 mark. I like that you use Switchcraft jacks insteed of the plastic masrhall style. There about a Buck 50 more than the marshall style Times 6 = ( The Lil' things add up) I just hope your Clients understand that. I thought I cured my JTM GAS with the metro board I did in my Laney? Now it's back with Vengence !! I'm just $850 short.
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Actually jeremy has my very first, serial number 001.
                Maybe, Jeremy will also make some clips....
                Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman
                  Maybe, Jeremy will also make some clips....
                  '

jeremy has the 5E3. serial number 001.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

These things might be collectors items one day... you never know.
                    There is no spoone
                    - The Matricks

Comment

actually i did record some quick clips a few weeks ago at my friends studio, i have nothing to record with. they came out ok but some one was working on the electricity which we knew but the clips came out with a horrible buzz at a bunch of frequencies so it was hard to pull out. i actually have plans to go again as soon as i have time and the studio is free. its a great little amp, depending on what im doing i use either an amperex 12ax7 or the a jan 12ay7 in v1. the ay is much sweeter sounding but lower gain

hey, i can edit my own posts again!!! yippie!!

ive been using scotts 001 more than any of my others recently. sounds great with my esquire. i was going to change the speaker to get a little more volume, to the point of actually buying a new speaker for it but the texas heat sounds really good so i havent bothered to do it

Comment

Very nice job Scott I am sure it sounds every bit as good as it looks.
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Very cool. Your amp logo is great, just class all the way.
                          ]
                          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                            Very cool. Your amp logo is great, just class all the way.
                            Thank you, that's a very nice compliment.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Very very nice. be proud.
                              Originally posted by Jolly
                              ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

that head looks like a MILLION bucks Scott!!! seriously awesome job!!!

that quality at that price is amazing!!!
                                Originally posted by jeremy
                                God hates bad guitar tone
                                GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                                AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                                EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                                Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                                X