Opinions on Crate GFX 120??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Crate GFX 120??

i recently heard rave reviews on these amps from the JFrocks site if you guys have heard of it.
    so i went and heard the amp and it IS pretty damn good.
    i dont know if i can say that it is as good as a great tube amp but it beats a few out there.

i found one here in Greece for 450 euro. you think it is worth me getting this amp. i want an amp for home use. i was thinking of getting a VHT cause i think it sounds awesome but it does cost 2000euro and i think it is a bit loud to play at home.

i am just cursed from my good ears.
    but the Crate actually did sound good.

any opinions?
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Re: Opinions on Crate GFX 120??

is that the head or the combo?

I had the head into a full size 4x12 crate cab and my friend had it with the smaller 4x12. Great sound out of both. the bigger cab has more bass but they both sound thick and heavy. cleans are nice too.
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Re: Opinions on Crate GFX 120??

it is the combo,

i went and heard it and it sounds damn good for a SS.

just re-thinking my plan of getting a real good tube amp for home playing.

i mean the VHT sounds awesome but it is about 2000euros and is louder than #$#$.

so maybe the Crate would be better for what i need it for.
      Ibanez Roadstar II
      EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
      VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Working...
      X