Buddha Bud-Wah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddha Bud-Wah?

Anybody play one of these? What are your opinions?

Re: Buddha Bud-Wah?

I like the Teese better for not much more $$ - more vocal, and a wider sweep.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Slightly upgraded Dunlop wah made by Dunlop compared to the Vox 847...The Teese is a better wah by comparison,but the RMC wah is also a different wah voiced for single coil players...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Okay, I always hear about these Teese wahs, but I'm never sure which one to get. All the one's on the site, except for the Wizard Wah, are above $200 and I'm not ready to pay that much for a wah if it isn't completely worth it.

...how's the Hiwatt Custom Wah? Anybody play one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
          Okay, I always hear about these Teese wahs, but I'm never sure which one to get. All the one's on the site, except for the Wizard Wah, are above $200 and I'm not ready to pay that much for a wah if it isn't completely worth it.

...how's the Hiwatt Custom Wah? Anybody play one of those?
          You get what you pay for and you are paying for an upgraded wah and a more vocal wah when you buy the Teese or Fulltone product...
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
            the RMC1 and Wizard wahs are comparable to the Buddah wah in features, but are custom, hand made wahs for $6 more. They're worth the difference.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

I have a Wizard Wah and it's an absolutely amazing pedal! I can't complain in the least about it. It's got the most vocal tone I've ever heard and the widest sweep. I had to relearn how to use a wah pedal when I got it because it was leaps and bounds better than my crybaby. I highly recommend it. I paid $125 for it used and couldn't be happier. I find it works really well with single coils as well! Obviously the RMC1 is voiced for single coils, but I find this one works well enough and I do love playing my les paul too
              Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
              It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
                I have a Wizard Wah and it's an absolutely amazing pedal! I can't complain in the least about it. It's got the most vocal tone I've ever heard and the widest sweep. I had to relearn how to use a wah pedal when I got it because it was leaps and bounds better than my crybaby. I highly recommend it. I paid $125 for it used and couldn't be happier. I find it works really well with single coils as well! Obviously the RMC1 is voiced for single coils, but I find this one works well enough and I do love playing my les paul too
                The Wizard wah works well with humbuckers...The RMC1 has alot of gain and is muddy with humbuckers though...The RMC is a one trick pony for single coil users,but it is one great trick pony..

Comment

i have a teese "wheels of fire " wah and i love it it is so vocal and works well with singles + humbuckers
                  Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                  Suhr OD-50
                  Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
                    i have a teese "wheels of fire " wah and i love it it is so vocal and works well with singles + humbuckers
                    I think the WOF wah is a Teese special order thing?

Comment

The Budda Bud Wah is a pretty nice wah pedal. It has a true bypass switch, and it's tone is pretty nice, especially if you adjust the pot inside to take off some of the upper travel. They look pretty cool too, with the purple and chrome. I used mine for about 6 years with no trouble whatsoever.

Recently, I forked over the money for a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. I love the Fulltone for it's features, but there was nothing wrong with the Budda either.

I'd buy a Budda over any brand besides Fulltone and Teese. It's designed by Budda, but manufactured by Dunlop. I still like it better than most Dunlops and Vox's. The Vox sounds good, but shaves your treble off, when off.
                      The Vox is only good with a true bypass mod.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                      X