Any Knucklehead owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Knucklehead owners out there?

I got my Rivera K55-R yesterday and took to the rehearsal space to take it thru its paces. Love channels 1 and 2 but channel 3 doesn't seem real useful except for extremely high gain down tuned material. Also, I don't think it's possible to balance the shared eq between channels 2 and 3.

Just curious if there's any owners out there who have any input on the matter.
    PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
    PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
    GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
    Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
    Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
    various pedals

Re: Any Knucklehead owners out there?

I had the non-reverb version for a while. At that time, it was a 2 channel amp with a boost feature on each channel. I thought it did an admirable job of nailing down Fender and Marshall tones depending on channel. I also liked the Tweed/Blackface push/pull knob. That was a fine amp. Shouldn't have sold it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
      I had the non-reverb version for a while. At that time, it was a 2 channel amp with a boost feature on each channel. I thought it did an admirable job of nailing down Fender and Marshall tones depending on channel. I also liked the Tweed/Blackface push/pull knob. That was a fine amp. Shouldn't have sold it.
      The Chubster I own made me realize how sorry the cleans on my Soldano were. I definitely like the Rivera tone. As you pointed out, it's reminiscent of either Marshall or Fender depending on the channel...and that's exactly what I've always wanted. However, I don't know if I need a Knucklehead and Chubster in the same house. We'll see what happens!
      PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
      PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
      GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
      Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
      Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
      various pedals

Comment

The Knucklehead is superb! I'm not a fan of the 3rd channel, however.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X